Good security & monitoring software for AIO computer used as a mall shop computer?

Cerulean

[H]F Junkie
Greetings,

With a limited budget (therefore cannot go the route of Windows Server + AD + GPOs + Barracuda Web Filters etc etc), I am looking for a security & monitoring software for my father's All-In-One computer that is used for his mall shop. Right now I have ESET SmartSecurity 6 with the Anti-Theft and all setup, but it's really only good for if the computer itself gets stolen.

I'm looking for software that would help lock things down, prevent installations and other system functions without an administrator password, (something that makes even a plain User Account even tighter and more restricted), maybe offer keylogging and screenshot & webcam AVR or something, etcetera.

Any suggestions?

To name some incidents:
* Someone has created their own user account on the computer (probably because my dad never decided to have a non-Administrator account until now) and using it for their own purpose; solution is easy -- delete it, create a new one, lock everyone out of Administrator and make this new account a plain user account
* Someone has installed adware and/or infected the computer
* Someone has stolen $32 recently (and only one of the employees would be able to do that), but there is video camera or webcam security in place to see who did it and when
* Someone (in the past, donno if still happening) would change the system clock to be 1 or 2 hours earlier on their clock so they get paid extra for their shift

A non-admin account should take care of everything except the camera. If you really want to lock stuff down, assign users the 'guest' role.
File a police report for the stolen money. I wouldn't spend all kinds of money to deal with a $32 theft.
On a consumer machine, there is only so much that can be done to lock it down. With physical access, a determined miscreant can break/change passwords and change account type. Set a BIOS password (and document it) and remove all but the Hard Drive from the boot order.

I'm going to try Faronics Anti-Executable + Deep Freeze + WINSelect on a spare machine before I buy all three. I really want to help my father and secure his AIO computer correctly. Already enabled Guest account, uninstalled Games and some media stuff, set BIOS Supervisor password, set Administrator password, removed adware + Skype + several other junk things that shouldn't have been on there (someone keeps installing ClamWin >:[ :mad: ESET SmartSecurity 6 is already on there with legit license). With the three Faronics products + ESET SmartSecurity 6, this will kick their butts. They're going to work and be greatly disappointed by the tight security. Hah hah haa...

Greetings,

With a limited budget (therefore cannot go the route of Windows Server + AD + GPOs + Barracuda Web Filters etc etc), I am looking for a security & monitoring software for my father's All-In-One computer that is used for his mall shop. Right now I have ESET SmartSecurity 6 with the Anti-Theft and all setup, but it's really only good for if the computer itself gets stolen.

I'm looking for software that would help lock things down, prevent installations and other system functions without an administrator password, (something that makes even a plain User Account even tighter and more restricted), maybe offer keylogging and screenshot & webcam AVR or something, etcetera.

Any suggestions?

We use keyloggers. It reports back to a designated server that you set up on your internal network.

Myjad can log applications by user but probably nit to the extent that you wish.

Last edited:
We use keyloggers. It reports back to a designated server that you set up on your internal network.

Myjad can log applications by user but probably nit to the extent that you wish.

I don't think keylogger can " prevent installations and other system functions without an administrator password".
As I know, keylogger just can record the activities, such as when and which applications used, websites visited, chat content and so on... and some keyloggers can block special applications, such as anykeylogger. No keylogger can " prevent installations and other system functions without an administrator password".

Back