Good scanning program for office use? Converting file cabinets to pdfs.....

dabomb

2[H]4U
I'm wondering what is a good software to install on our twelve new scanner stations I setup. The scanners are fujitsu fi-4340c that come with Omnipage16, however I am having stability issues with this program in testing (it is even documented this program becomes unstable after a large number of documents are scanned, but it does not give a number). Users will be scanners orders, shipping receipts, etc to pdf. No fancy features needed other than stable and ability to easily preview scanned pages to verify they are legible.

edit: OCR is a requirement in some departments.

Any recommendations?

I'd think an office that large would have an MFP capable of scanning to e-mail or scanning to a server directory. Our Canon does this, and my office only has 12 people in it. I can create a share on a server, and each employee can scan 1 to 150 pages at a time to a pdf file that they name right on the MFP. When it is done, they are left with the PDF file on the server.

I'd think an office that large would have an MFP capable of scanning to e-mail or scanning to a server directory. Our Canon does this, and my office only has 12 people in it. I can create a share on a server, and each employee can scan 1 to 150 pages at a time to a pdf file that they name right on the MFP. When it is done, they are left with the PDF file on the server.

I don't want users scanning directly to the server due to the potential possibility for them to screw something up. The users scanning don't have access to the scanner fileserver(I have it so they access the pdfs through a web interface). They scan to the c: drive, then at the end of the day/scanning session they fire a script I wrote that copies the files to the server. A copy of each file still resides on the C:\ drive in case they need to append a page to it, then when they fire the script it will update the copy the server. This way the most a user could possibly screw up is by adding a bunch of pages onto pdfs, but they can't modify any of the scans in any other way.

Anyways I'm just wondering what is the best/most reliable scanning software for heavy office use as Omnipage crashing 2x a day is causing much headache to the users.

Back