Good printer for a family man and a beginner photographer...

Hyper_Psycho

2[H]4U
Well, I'm not really a beginner but whatever. Anyway, my dad and are going to team up and get a 20D and a 10D (20d for me 10d for him) because we can share lenses, flashes and CF cars whenever we are in the same city. Anyway, we need a good printer to invest in. -- something that would let my dad print family pictures at 4x6 sizes from his 10d/CP4500 and let me print bigger images from my 20d/a80. We are not looking to invest a huge amount of money into this printer. Just something that will print really well so when you compare it to a Wolf Camera print you go, “WOW I cannot believe!" since the quality is really good. So can someone give me a base price for a printer that is efficient and offers good quality?
Thank you...

Look at the Epson R200/R300 printers...start at $100 ! Have gotten really good reviews, and I really like the one I have, R200 is basically the same printer as the R300 sans the card reader and lcd display.

Get the Epson R300 or R300M. The M gives you the little monitor at an extra cost. Great print quality for a budget beginner photo printer.

Chelica said:
Get the Epson R300 or R300M. The M gives you the little monitor at an extra cost. Great print quality for a budget beginner photo printer.

If you're a photgrapher the extras on the R300 aren't worth it, you are probabaly going to edit the pictures anyway. If you have the money, the Stylus 2200 produces some of the best prints I have ever seen from an inkjet, but the R200 is a fantastic printer for 1/6 of the price, and it uses the same engine as the R300's. Personally I am a huge proponent of having a laser and an inkjet, no reason to spend the money and time with an inkjet for general use when you can get a great laser under $200 and a great photo printer for $100.

spend the extra cash (about 130 w/rebates) and get the cannon i960.........the photos speak for themselves when good paper is used.

slats said:
spend the extra cash (about 130 w/rebates) and get the cannon i960.........the photos speak for themselves when good paper is used.

thanks for the reply ... ill look into this

olaf2821 said:
If you're a photgrapher the extras on the R300 aren't worth it, you are probabaly going to edit the pictures anyway. If you have the money, the Stylus 2200 produces some of the best prints I have ever seen from an inkjet, but the R200 is a fantastic printer for 1/6 of the price, and it uses the same engine as the R300's. Personally I am a huge proponent of having a laser and an inkjet, no reason to spend the money and time with an inkjet for general use when you can get a great laser under $200 and a great photo printer for $100.

right now we have a 6 year old HP color bubble jet printer or something and a 3 year old laser b/w printer

the color printer is about to die since it has been used so much for the past 6 years

ill look into the epsons

Back