good price for plenum rated cat5e and cat6 cable?

cyclone3d

[H]F Junkie
I already know that Grainger is way overpriced... They want over $700 for a 1000ft roll of Cat5e and over $900 for a 1000ft roll of Cat6a that is plenum rated.

I am waiting for Graybar to call me back, and if they can come close to or beat monoprice for cat5e or cat6, I will just pick it up from them.

For reference monoprice has a 1000ft roll of plenum rated cat5e for $179.79 or cat6 for $273.70.

Is that about the best I am going to do or is there an even cheaper place to get good plenum rated cable from?

where are you located? There might be some other shops in your area that would match price +10% off for the order.

how many boxes do you need?

We usually get our cable stuff from PIManufacture...I just looked, they have 5e plenum for 137 bucks
http://www.pimfg.com/Product/Cat5e-Bulk-Cable

Ooohh.. .that comes really close to Graybar if you include the shipping from pimfg.

Graybar still beats them by $2.10, but I will have to pay tax.

Graybar rapes on the RJ45 ends though... $25 for 100pcs. I can get a 100pc box for $4.97 if I order from monoprice (2-9qty price). Bah.. just looked at another local place for the ends.. looks like $25 is the going price around here for 100pcs...

Heck PI even slams them with their gold modulars.

I don't think I've found many places that are as consistently low as PI. I know monoprice has the big sheep following....but if you look, there are usually cheaper places with product just as good, if not better. Cables can very in quality...it ain't just about price.

where are you located? There might be some other shops in your area that would match price +10% off for the order.

how many boxes do you need?

I only need 1 box and I am in Huntsville AL.

I am pretty sure that their aren't any places around here besides Grainger and Graybar that even carry plenum rated cable, much less price match +10% off.

Plus, it would have to be the same exact brand and part # for them to price match. That brings the likelyhood of it down to about 0.00000001%.

For being such a "technology oriented" city we have crap for actual good computer stores.

Actually, come to think of it, there isn't really a single computer store that I can even begin to start to call good anywhere near here. I would probably have to drive at least 2-5 hours to get to a decent computer store.

Back