Good Pop-up blocking software?

3l3m3nt

Limp Gawd
Just trying to see if there is anything good out there other than good toolbar to block pop-ups. And yes i have used mozilla firebird but pages don't open the same as they do in IE6 so i'm back to IE6.

People like the Google Toolbar (I use it when I can't use firebird)

Others say MyIE2 is good as well, but I haven't tried that (Nor do I know where to get it. ) Supposed to have Tabs in IE as well.

Originally posted by odoe
I would say in addition to the google toolbar Proxomitron is high on my list.

High its top on my list, custom config files make it excellent. In my eyes the most consise popup blocker and internet enhancer. Give it a go!

Proxomitron.

It will stop nigh on anything if you take the 20 seconds to add filters whenever you come across something you don't like on the net.

Marquees, blinking text, browser window shaking, stupid javascripts, that site @ site ie 'exploit', the stupid printing something other than the page you want to print...

Got a whole bunch that circumvent all the 'no right click' things too. :) Good times.

Get MyIE2. It's a browser that is built upon IE. So every page loads exactly the same as it would in IE. But it has extra features. Mouse gestures, tabbed browsing, popup blocking, etc... Great program, give it a try.

www.myie2.com

I like to use opera (www.opera.com) the browser kicks ass and it has a pop up stopper in it that works wonders. Onlly popups u click on open up so u don't have to press any hotkeys to open up a popup from a link... if u get the browser u have to turn the feature on from file>quick setup

Back