Good personal color lasers printers? (that comes w/full cartridges?)

David_CAN

Limp Gawd
My HP 2600n which has served me well has developed problems with at least 2 of the toner cartidges that I can't seem to clean. With the cartidges almost $100 a piece it seems to make more sense to look at a new printer (I originally paid $300 for this one and I've only gone through a little more then half the toner supply).

There seem to be a lot of color lasers just over/under $200 which is the price point I'm interested in, but information on what cartridge they ship with is thin (is it a starter cartridge like most inkjets). I print under 200 pages a year so a printer that comes with a set of full cartidges (or at enough for at least 1000 pages) has a good chance of lasting the life of the printer.

Some other thoughts: Speed isn't important, the 2600n was an early personal/workgroup color laser and prints at just 6ppm. It does need to have built in network printing (ethernet port) though that seems to be standard these days, even wireless is common. I have a strong preference for a small footprint - I don't have a lot of space for a printer and the 2600n was only 16" deep.

Has anyone recently purchased a color laser and have some experience?

Edit: I'm in Toronto Canada so prime stores include NewEgg.ca, NCIX, Canada Computers, Best Buy?, Infonec, etc.

Back