Good PC Headphones

Pivo504

2[H]4U
Im looking for a good set of PC headphones. The features Im looking for is comfort on both your ear & the top of your head. I want something that has great audio quality, built to last a lifetime, plugs directly into my sound card (no usb crap), one that can be unplugged from the headphone to eliminate the risk of the the cord coming out (happened to both of my old platronics headphones). Im on a set of monoprice currently that are still working.

"directly into my soundcard"...and what soundcard would that be?

Also you need a budget. Unless you're fine with buying Sennheiser HD800s that cost $1K

Audigy 2. Ive never spent more than 50 dollars on a set of headphones... I have a hard time noticing any big difference between them which is why I go for the cheaper one that is considered to still have great audio quality. Even the Monoprice Premium Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone seem to sound pretty good to me Lol.. Well I hear its better to have the headphone & mic separate if not then a headset bc I do need a mic..I almost bought the STEELSERIES SIBERIA V2 back when they were on sale for 30 but kept thinking what if they are not much better than what I curently have plus it seemed they had a built in sound card which I do not want.

For a headset I'd recommend the Astro A40s.

I find them very comfy and light feeling on my head. The cord unplugs at the headset. Also the inline volume control section can be unpluged from the rest of the cord, and the boom mic can be removed, so they are all replaceable.

You can also switch the mic to be hooked up on either can.

I bought the steel series Siberia v2 and am happy with them. You don't have to use the usb, you can also use 3.5mm jack. I believe you can also buy tgem without the usb soundcard all together

I have the SonyMDR-v6.

I have yet to hear any better for under $300 and these are $87. They have been around for 30 years and are used by audio and video pros the world over. I will wear them for hours on end.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I use the PC360's . Excellent quality, but not very cheap compared to some of the other stuff listed.

Im looking for a good set of PC headphones. The features Im looking for is comfort on both your ear & the top of your head. I want something that has great audio quality, built to last a lifetime, plugs directly into my sound card (no usb crap), one that can be unplugged from the headphone to eliminate the risk of the the cord coming out (happened to both of my old platronics headphones). Im on a set of monoprice currently that are still working.

You would probably like the ultimate Ears 6000's I have (UE 6000), I like them so far, lots of padding and cushion. Detachable and replaceable cable cable too. I don't like the mic they come with and will likely buy a longer replacement cable without a mic.

You would probably like the ultimate Ears 6000's I have (UE 6000), I like them so far, lots of padding and cushion. Detachable and replaceable cable cable too. I don't like the mic they come with and will likely buy a longer replacement cable without a mic.

Excellent ear buds. Fantastic sound for the price. Lots people love them.

How much do the ultimate Ears 6000's go for & how do they compare to other earphones at that price point? Also how comfortable are they? This seems to be the biggest thing since I only use headphones now

I would like to interject a lesser known (at least in this circle) brand since the OP has never clarified if he wanted just a set of cans or a mic as well.

Heil Sound is very well known in the RF communications field and really legendary in big time sound reinforcement. They designed their Pro Set Media at the behest of the navy, who found themselves using more and more computers and got sick of cheap computer headsets.

Perhaps not the best sound on receive compared to high end Senns or what have you, but very nice on transmit and quite rugged.

:

or Senn 558s. Those are the best overall headphones under $200.

Senn HD 558's would be my pick.
Super comfortable, excellent sound quality, and great sound positioning for gaming.
Single-side detachable cable makes them easy to get on/off, and you don't have to worry about ruining your headphones just because your chair rolled over the cable.

I'd agree with a 598 because it's so comfortable, but that's out of your price range. I do like Sony V6s, those were the first real phones I ever owned, in part because it was the most popular phones at the radio station I worked at. That said, when I finally left the V6 for my first open Sennheiser, I couldn't believe how heavy the V6 were comparatively.

If minimizing sound to others or having super deep bass isn't a priority, I recommend an open-style headphone, generally it's going to be lighter and so less hassle to wear during long gaming.

For a secondary "bass" headphone, when I'm in the dubstep mood, I've got a $40 JVC HARX 700. Definitely heavier in weight, but light enough that it's not a killer.

Definite shame your budget doesn't allow for the Senn HD598. They have been my go to forever attached to a fiio e9 amp on my Titanium HD. Perhaps if you find a pair of senn HD558(or even 518) refurb you can't go wrong there! Very comfy and sound quality is great. Just...if you are looking for bass...alas, these don't have that BOOM like them *yack* beats *shudders*

I don't really care for BOOM as long as the bass is there & clean...I bought my nephew the beats mixr at times the bass is just too much for me..

haha i do fss69 i also got the cushion for the top part which helps with comfort. I guess I havent upgraded yet bc I wonder if paying 60-100 will really make a difference in sound compared to the monoprice...

SonyMDR-v6 are those better than anything else in terms of sound quality, durability and comfort? How they compare to these JVC HARX900 ? At those price points is there anything better, my main priorities are sound quality, durability, and comfort.

I own a pair of HD650's (silver drivers) they are the best things I've ever heard, super comfortable (I've had them on all day before and forget they're on) these are the only pair of high end headphones I've owned so I don't have much else to go by except IEM's but I would say the 650's are worth every penny. If something is gona last you a long long time you might as well spend a bit extra.

I actually signed up for this forum just for the trading section as I did want to see if anyone was interested in the 650's for a trade for a Logitech G27 wheel, so on the extremely rare chance that anyone is PM me please (sorry if this post is classed as an ad or spam etc)

For a headset I'd recommend the Astro A40s.

I find them very comfy and light feeling on my head. The cord unplugs at the headset. Also the inline volume control section can be unpluged from the rest of the cord, and the boom mic can be removed, so they are all replaceable.

You can also switch the mic to be hooked up on either can.

A40s are junk... They have absolutely no depth, flat highs and absolutely no low end.

To waste $299+ on Astros when you could buy Audiophile cans like beyerdynamic dt880s, senn595/650s is cheating yourself, but moreso, cheating your wallet. I have 600ohm DT880s and they require a headphone amp.

Back