good overclocking s775 board?

ekuest

Supreme [H]ardness
i need a mobo with decent built in audio, and good overclocking abilities. thats about it. i wont be doing raid, no sli/xfire, and it doesnt have to look nice. matx is a plus, but not required. what are your suggestions? im completely unfamiliar with the different chipsets. i will probably be using it with a q6600, or maybe an e6600. thanks!

I would go with a P45 board from either Gigabyte or Asus. Both are pretty good. I have the Asus P5Q Pro, and I can't complain at all.

The ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo and Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R are the best value for well-overclocking LGA775 boards. You can't go wrong with either one.

The p5q pro and the vanilla p5q are completely different boards. Not sure which one you have.

how do you guys feel about the blood iron? i know its dfi and they can be a bit wonky, but ive heard its a good overclocker. i got a good deal on it and some great mushkin ram, but im contemplating selling the board and getting either the p5q or ud3r. i feel like i can only get about $50 or $60 for the blood iron, so the other board would have to be worth the difference in price.

I don't trust DFI anymore. Not after they sent me 4 DOA RMA's.....Honestly, Gigabyte, EVGA and Asus are the only brands I trust anymore. :-(

how do you guys feel about the blood iron? i know its dfi and they can be a bit wonky, but ive heard its a good overclocker. i got a good deal on it and some great mushkin ram, but im contemplating selling the board and getting either the p5q or ud3r. i feel like i can only get about $50 or $60 for the blood iron, so the other board would have to be worth the difference in price.

I got my P5Q Pro from Newegg open box and it was only $69 I think. Based on the packaging, I think they were a clearing house for Asus refurbished boards. I've had no issues with it. I'd definitely get a p45 board at this point.

I got my P5Q Pro from Newegg open box and it was only $69 I think. Based on the packaging, I think they were a clearing house for Asus refurbished boards. I've had no issues with it. I'd definitely get a p45 board at this point.

Same here, unfortunately mine has met with its maker.....

Just upgraded to a P5Q Deluxe from my good ol P5B Deluxe (RIP D*: ) and couldn't be happier. It's taken my Quad places the P5B couldn't even dream of (at least it served my Core2Duo really well).

Hmm...oh well...I guess I was just lucky then :cool:.

I have had good luck in the past with open box purchases. It ran fine for a number of months and was folding for much of the time.... Oh well. I was looking to get my q6600 and two 4870 up and running once more.

thanks for the input guys. one more question. for the same price, should i go with a P5Q Pro or the GA-EP45-UD3R? i guess if theyre both good boards and good overclockers, then one important thing im wondering is which one has better (if any) warranty support for a second owner?

Back