good or bad?? HydroChill™ Water Cooling Mod

I was considering getting a water cooling system; my computer still runs a little too hot with the ZALMAN; and was wondering if this was any good?
SUGGESTIONS would be helpful;
THNKS

productbox-hydrochill.jpg

ALSO, check out this website for more specs on this water cooling kit!
http://www.mdmm.com/products/techietoyz/water-hydrochill.asp

HydroChill™ Water Cooling Mod

specs on the water cooler:

"HydroChill™ Water Cooling Mod
Catch the Wave and "Cool Down" With Mad Dog's HydroChill™
Easy for the Pros to install and upgradable, this system was designed for the Big Time Competitors. No More Lockups!

HydroChill will give your Rig a competitive edge by Maximizing your Over clocking Capability. Mad Dog and Thermaltake know that you "Play Hard or Don't Play" so we ensure the Uncompromising Excellence you demand is found in this great water cooling system.
Specifications
P/N MD-TTWC-AQ2
COPPER BLOCK
Dimensions 70 mm x 50 mm x 12 mm
Material Copper Forging / Nickel Plating
Weight 266g
COPPER RADIATOR
Dimensions 86 mm x 130mm x 89 mm
Material Copper Pipe with staged Copper Fins
Fan Dimension 80 mm x 80 mm x 25 mm
Fan Voltage 12V
Fan Current 0.14A
Fan Power Input 1.68W
Fan Speed 2400 (± 10%) RPM
Fan Air Flow 38 CFM
Fan Noise 22 dBA
MTBF 50,000 Hours
Connector 3-Pin
Weight 410g
12V DC WATER PUMP
Dimensions 100 mm x 50 mm x 86 mm
Rated Voltage 12V
Rated Current 0.16A
Power Input 2W
Water Pressure 1.2 Kg / cm2
Pump Capacity 90 L / Hr.
Noise 20 dBA
Bearing(s) Ceramic
MTBF 50,000 Hours
Connector 3-Pin
Weight 230g
INTELLIGENT "HYDRO-FLOW" WATER TUBING
Tubing Material Silicon
Springs Anodized, coiled aluminum
MTBF 50,000 Hours
PC CHASSIS REQUIREMENTS
Dimensions H 20.6" x W 8.1" x 18.6"
Radiator Installation Clearance H 3.6" x W 5.7" x D 4"
Water Pump Installation Clearance H 4.7" x W 5.3" x D 2" "

Okay, look the mere presence of water is not going to make the performance better. That pathetic little system has a radiator that's hardly bigger than a good heatsink and only a single 80 mm fan to cool it. I bet the waterblock is no better either. Just forget it, the Zalman probably beats it hands down.

If you got the cash then go for the Zalman Reserator as your watercooling kit. I just got mine and love it. It cools much better than people thought a passive cooler would cool. The CPU in my sig has not seen the high side of 116F while running Prime95. It is so easy to put together that a first timer at water cooling can get it installed without any trouble.

If you got the cash then go for the Zalman Reserator as your watercooling kit. I just got mine and love it. It cools much better than people thought a passive cooler would cool. The CPU in my sig has not seen the high side of 116F while running Prime95. It is so easy to put together that a first timer at water cooling can get it installed without any trouble.

Sounds great, so where did you buy it? The trouble is, is that I dont have a credit card so I cant order it on line. I am having trouble finding good water cooling systems in San Francisco.
Suggestions????

Also when you say
The CPU in my sig has not seen the high side of 116F while running Prime95
you mean that it runs under stress at around 95 or idle at 95??

My 3.2 GHz northwood runs at 88-95 F idle and up to 140 F under heavy load. A range of about 32 C - 57 C Is that bad ?

P.S. this is my current cooler:
cnps7000alcu-s1.gif

I was wondering why I cant achieve better temps than 88-95 (about 37 C) idle and up to 140 (about 58 C) under stress with it and pretty good thermal paste on a 3.2 GHz Northwood?

7000A_AlCu_ps1.gif

CNPS7000A-AlCu

Unless you are using some extreme cooling I believe most CPUs will idle around the same temp with decent air or water cooling. As the CPU gets more stressed out that's when a good cooling system will come into play. Not sure where in SF you can find one locally but most good shops that carry them online will take a check or even a money order. The Zalman Reserator is an expensive kit but you get what you pay for. It is about $300 and includes everything you need for a great performing water cooling system. Plus it is a breeze to set up.

THANKS, MOTABOY for the great information!
One more question: Based on how hot my system runs and the fan I am using do you think it is worth to upgrade to something like that reserator??

Originally posted by messerschmitt_
One more question: Based on how hot my system runs and the fan I am using do you think it is worth to upgrade to something like that reserator??

No.

58c is fine, 37 idle is good, even.

Don't bother worrying unless you're overclocking.

Originally posted by messerschmitt_

It all depends on what your goals are. Your temps are normal for a CPU that runs that fast so I wouldn't worry about it too much for now. If you plan on overclocking or just want a quiter system then the reserator might be a good option for you. The first thing I would do is clean up all the wires inside my case so it has better air flow and take it from there.

thatd be an OK kit for some very light non OCing work; for example, a carputer with an underclocked mobile processor. however using it on an overclocked proessor is actually more laughable than a koolance setup.

however I am going to keep this in mind, for a carputer.

Back