good non sli mobo for under 100$?

song414

Limp Gawd
Looking for non sli motherboard that is the cheapest and offers good o/cing and important features for the cheapest amount of money. Right now im looking at the asrock mobo but is it a good o/cer? Or should i go with the non sli nfi infinity for 20$ more? or a asus mobo? I want to o/c my opt 165 and buy a mobo under 100$ that is a good o/cer and is stable and doesnt have many problems.

the abit kn8 ultra is just under 100 dollars.its a good board and o/clocks well with the latest bios.the asus a8n-e is also a very good board,105 on newegg now.im usind the asus as i type this.its the best ultra board ive had.its stable and o/clocks well.im at 2500mhz ,1 to 1 with the corsair xms 3200 ram,htt 250 and best of all its on stk voltage.the board layout is perfect.out of 4 ultra boards ive had its hands down the best.i have not tryed the dfi ultra d as yet but i may wait till m2 before i go that route.i run a business off this computer so i need something totally dependable.id like to build the dfi as a hotrod to tinker with.the abit board was pretty good but the layout was odd.the asus a8n-e is only 5 bucks more and its a much better board.try it youll like it.good luck with your choise.........................

wesleys_dad said:
the abit kn8 ultra is just under 100 dollars.its a good board and o/clocks well with the latest bios.the asus a8n-e is also a very good board,105 on newegg now.im usind the asus as i type this.its the best ultra board ive had.its stable and o/clocks well.im at 2500mhz ,1 to 1 with the corsair xms 3200 ram,htt 250 and best of all its on stk voltage.the board layout is perfect.out of 4 ultra boards ive had its hands down the best.i have not tryed the dfi ultra d as yet but i may wait till m2 before i go that route.i run a business off this computer so i need something totally dependable.id like to build the dfi as a hotrod to tinker with.the abit board was pretty good but the layout was odd.the asus a8n-e is only 5 bucks more and its a much better board.try it youll like it.good luck with your choise.........................

well i was leaning torward the dfi infinity ultra or dfi infinity or asrock.

Any info on if the asrock o/c's well or not?

Btw thx for the info on the a8n-e but im buying a combo from monarch tommorow and they only have the none sli boards with integrated video...

ASRock clocks decently, but is limited in voltages unless you mod it (not hard relatively speaking).

lawrence131 said:
dfi lanparty ultra-D is the tried and tested choice but will be closer to $120.

Unless you pick it up used in the forums. They regularly go for $100 shipped with the retail box/accessories.

MSI K8N series board.

PC Club has them for about $90. I've worked with them for quite some time now, and they've never given me any problems. Good performance, good features, not bad overclockers either.

Just MHO.

-Caleb

/me recommends Biostar TForce6100-939 if youre looking for a great, rock-solid motherboard, with excellent oc options, 50 programmable bios profiles, integrated memtest, auto recovery, and more. 90 reviews, 5 eggs rating average from 190 voters. this is an awesome board on the cheap. $69. yes, there are other good ones i'm sure, but this one gets my full recommendation.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813138264

with out a doubt the asus a8n-e,out of 4 nf 4 ultra boards this one is the winner.
o/clocks well,stable as a rock,great layout,not too picky with ram.i dont see how anyone could be disappointed with this board.ive had the abit an8 ultra,gigabyte ultra,abit kn8 ultra,and epox [2 doa in a row] and finally the asus and all is well.i want the dfi ultra d for a 2nd rig to play with but asus for my business and all other tasks that i need a rock solid platform...............

Back