good non sli mobo for under 100$?

song414

Limp Gawd
Looking for non sli motherboard that is the cheapest and offers good o/cing and important features for the cheapest amount of money. Right now im looking at the asrock mobo but is it a good o/cer? Or should i go with the non sli nfi infinity for 20$ more? or a asus mobo? I want to o/c my opt 165 and buy a mobo under 100$ that is a good o/cer and is stable and doesnt have many problems.

wesleys_dad

[H]ard|Gawd
the abit kn8 ultra is just under 100 dollars.its a good board and o/clocks well with the latest bios.the asus a8n-e is also a very good board,105 on newegg now.im usind the asus as i type this.its the best ultra board ive had.its stable and o/clocks well.im at 2500mhz ,1 to 1 with the corsair xms 3200 ram,htt 250 and best of all its on stk voltage.the board layout is perfect.out of 4 ultra boards ive had its hands down the best.i have not tryed the dfi ultra d as yet but i may wait till m2 before i go that route.i run a business off this computer so i need something totally dependable.id like to build the dfi as a hotrod to tinker with.the abit board was pretty good but the layout was odd.the asus a8n-e is only 5 bucks more and its a much better board.try it youll like it.good luck with your choise.........................

song414

Limp Gawd
wesleys_dad said:
the abit kn8 ultra is just under 100 dollars.its a good board and o/clocks well with the latest bios.the asus a8n-e is also a very good board,105 on newegg now.im usind the asus as i type this.its the best ultra board ive had.its stable and o/clocks well.im at 2500mhz ,1 to 1 with the corsair xms 3200 ram,htt 250 and best of all its on stk voltage.the board layout is perfect.out of 4 ultra boards ive had its hands down the best.i have not tryed the dfi ultra d as yet but i may wait till m2 before i go that route.i run a business off this computer so i need something totally dependable.id like to build the dfi as a hotrod to tinker with.the abit board was pretty good but the layout was odd.the asus a8n-e is only 5 bucks more and its a much better board.try it youll like it.good luck with your choise.........................

well i was leaning torward the dfi infinity ultra or dfi infinity or asrock.

Any info on if the asrock o/c's well or not?

Btw thx for the info on the a8n-e but im buying a combo from monarch tommorow and they only have the none sli boards with integrated video...

kirbyrj

Fully [H]
ASRock clocks decently, but is limited in voltages unless you mod it (not hard relatively speaking).

kirbyrj

Fully [H]
lawrence131 said:
dfi lanparty ultra-D is the tried and tested choice but will be closer to $120.

Unless you pick it up used in the forums. They regularly go for $100 shipped with the retail box/accessories.

Izza

Gawd
MSI K8N series board.

PC Club has them for about $90. I've worked with them for quite some time now, and they've never given me any problems. Good performance, good features, not bad overclockers either.

Just MHO.

-Caleb

r00k

2[H]4U
/me recommends Biostar TForce6100-939 if youre looking for a great, rock-solid motherboard, with excellent oc options, 50 programmable bios profiles, integrated memtest, auto recovery, and more. 90 reviews, 5 eggs rating average from 190 voters. this is an awesome board on the cheap. $69. yes, there are other good ones i'm sure, but this one gets my full recommendation.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813138264

wesleys_dad

[H]ard|Gawd
with out a doubt the asus a8n-e,out of 4 nf 4 ultra boards this one is the winner.
o/clocks well,stable as a rock,great layout,not too picky with ram.i dont see how anyone could be disappointed with this board.ive had the abit an8 ultra,gigabyte ultra,abit kn8 ultra,and epox [2 doa in a row] and finally the asus and all is well.i want the dfi ultra d for a 2nd rig to play with but asus for my business and all other tasks that i need a rock solid platform...............