good news for pc/nba fans

WOW..and only $19..Im there!!

Way 2 go 2k..Hand EA their asses!!

i will be buying and im not even a nba fan, i love college bball though. we need to support the devs for taking a risk here.

im not really a ball fan to but i use to play these games in the dreamcast and one of them on my 360

http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185970

NBA2K9 IS COMING TO THE PC!!!! finaly some great news for us pc users. i will get buying this for sure!! test out my nehalem rig and enjoy the wonders of mods etc!!!

direct 360 port too so next gen graphics and gameplay FTW

WOW..and only $19..Im there!!

Way 2 go 2k..Hand EA their asses!!

+ 1

Yeah, EA's Sports division can go to hell as far as im concerned, giving us the watered down last gen versions of their sports games, especially in light of the fact that PC's are their second largest market overall in terms of sales revenue (leading all but one of the consoles in sales), and yet they decide to shaft us in the sports category year after year.

The hell with them, the 2K team will be getting my cash from now on as long as they make a habit of catering to us PC sports fans in this manner.

I'm a huge nba fan so this is great news. I always felt the 2k series was much stronger than Live. Although I have always felt that basketball was the toughest sport to emulate in a sim environment. So i have always preferred more arcade type basketball games like nba jam or nba street.

I would love it if nba street came to the pc but I think that's an ea franchise...

Ahh wth.

No online? I was hoping to play a couple of games with a friend who lives on the east coast.

Oh well, it's still a good thing that 2k is doing this (i like 2k for hoops better anyway).

Let me guess, you're fat and completely nonathletic. Therefore, any sports title released on PC isn't worthwhile :rolleyes:

Let me guess, you're fat and completely nonathletic. Therefore, any sports title released on PC isn't worthwhile :rolleyes:

Actually I play sports and I'm athletic, I would rather play them in life then waste my time playing them on a PC/console - pretty boring.

Actually I play sports and I'm athletic, I would rather play them in life then waste my time playing them on a PC/console - pretty boring.

Well thank god you don't speak for me or the millions of others out there like me who like to partake in sports games on our systems of choice.

Let me know when you can play a pickup game with Wade, Bryant, James, Iverson, Garnett, Nash, etc.

The point of these games is not to take the place of actual sports in our lives, but just like any other game, give us an outlet to take part in a certain something that would otherwise be virtually impossible in real life .... and of course to have fun in doing so.

If this is still not your idea of fun, then move on.
No need to take time out of your day, venture into a thread you know you're not interested in, only to say "im not interested in this thread"....

People sometimes...

I used to play Live series on PC, from 2003 to 2007. EA has been fucking PC NBA Live fan in the ass ever since the 2005. 2006-2008 were awful PS2 ports with horrid bugs; not like the game was better on consoles though. :rolleyes:

Anyway, seeing how NBA Live 07 was, made me buy PS3. I then bought NBA 2k7 and could not believe how much better the game was. Every year since then has marked a purchase of an NBA 2k, hasn't regretted it since. NBA 2k9 is awesome on PS3. Aside from the lack of AA, I could not have asked for anything else.

Anyway, NBA 2k9 coming to pc is great news. Unlike EA Sports 2K is actually porting an Xbox 360 version :).

I used to play Live series on PC, from 2003 to 2007. EA has been fucking PC NBA Live fan in the ass ever since the 2005. 2006-2008 were awful PS2 ports with horrid bugs; not like the game was better on consoles though. :rolleyes:

Anyway, seeing how NBA Live 07 was, made me buy PS3. I then bought NBA 2k7 and could not believe how much better the game was. Every year since then has marked a purchase of an NBA 2k, hasn't regretted it since. NBA 2k9 is awesome on PS3. Aside from the lack of AA, I could not have asked for anything else.

Anyway, NBA 2k9 coming to pc is great news. Unlike EA Sports 2K is actually porting an Xbox 360 version :).

Yep, can't wait.
A definite must buy for me. :)

Screw EA Sports, they won't be getting any more of my money, ever again.

Yep, can't wait.
A definite must buy for me. :)

Screw EA Sports, they won't be getting any more of my money, ever again.

dude, if you haven't ever played NBA 2k games....man. I used to think that MAYBE NBA 2k was a bit better than NBA Live, but I have never expected the vast improvement. The association mode is top notch, NBA 2k9 is as close to the real bball as ever. Inside game is top notch, jumpers look great, its fun, lot's of stats....etc

dude, if you haven't ever played NBA 2k games....man. I used to think that MAYBE NBA 2k was a bit better than NBA Live, but I have never expected the vast improvement. The association mode is top notch, NBA 2k9 is as close to the real bball as ever. Inside game is top notch, jumpers look great, its fun, lot's of stats....etc

Yeah, the last NBA Live that I think i remotely enjoyed was 2005, and that was only because I had downloaded mods for it, i.e. old school teams, the legends, and of course my 1996-1997 Chicago Bulls with Jordan.

If it weren't for the mods, I would have stopped playing it altogether as it was far too unrealistic. Even in the sim mode it felt extremely arcadey.
I mean, every other pass was a steal (my Jordan averaged 30 spg :D:rolleyes: ... not that I was complaining, but it totally killed the immersion factor), blocks were far too frequent, rebounding was very random (sometimes it felt like the ball would go right through my players hands), entire games would basically turn into slam dunk contests, and the calls were very tempermental and arbitrary -- resulting in fouls being called for the smallest of things like a reach in from 5 feet away whereas my guy being run over sometimes would result in no call.

All in all, it was more frustrating to play than fun (although I ended my season undefeated, and once more if it werent for my custom team with Jordan, I wouldnt have even bothered).

Oh, and as for Live 2008, I installed it, and then uninstalled it after about an hour.
I tried to like it, I tried to give it a chance, but it was pure and utter crap.
Glad I didnt waste my money on that one and borrowed a friends copy.
Also, I noticed that they didnt even bother to improve the graphics hardly at all since 2005 on the PC, figures since it was a PS2 port. :rolleyes:

Yeah, screw EA alright.
And if what you say about 2K being the superior game and more realistic really does hold true, then it makes waiting for it that much more difficult.
Looking forward to it even more so now especially after watching some clips online over at gametrailers. :)

Glad I didnt waste my money on that one and borrowed a friends copy.

Lol I bet. :D

In all seriousness, though, I agree about Live completely sucking. Sure, it was decent back before the whole "next-gen" thing (05), but since it's really (really, really) declined.

2k definitely makes the better hoops game - both college (sad to see this game get canceled) and NBA. Considerably more realistic, more fun, and imo better graphics.

It does suck that the PC version wont get online play. But hopefully people will pay the $20 and buy the game so 09 isn't the first and last 2k hoops game on the PC.

But hopefully people will pay the $20 and buy the game so 09 isn't the first and last 2k hoops game on the PC.

QFT..I plan on buying it on launch..Speak with your wallet and perhaps 2K will put more into it next year..Gotta start somewhere..

Not that it matters, but he did *warn* me that it sucks.

I figured what does he know, i'll take it off his hands, thinking that NBA Live 08 for the PC, even if sucky, is better than no NBA Live for the PC at all.

Well, sufficed to say, I took it all back.
Nothing was better than something in this case...

Will it be on Steam? For $19? Cool :)

Sucks no online though if that's true.

Well, here I was all set to buy it. Until I saw no online play. Shucks.

Yeah, where's the demo?

The devs said a demo should be out within days after the game is released, so take that as you will.

However, for now, here is a screenshot from the PC version at 1920x1200 res (and no, I didn't take the pic).

pic17stduz4.jpg

Kobe looks hawt there, lol. I love the PS3 version, give me few extra frames and AA = happy me.

Anyway, fuck the online play. I buy my basketball games to play the association mode, simple as that. If anybody cares, NBA2k9 online is broken on consoles atm anyway.

Back