Good New 3DSxl games?

piscian18

[H]F Junkie
I got talked into buying a 3DSxl a couple weeks ago. I bought a few random games for it but I was wondering if anyone had any personal favorites to recommend?

Mostly I'm really Enjoying New Super Mario Bros 2. It feels really well designed with mobility in mind. Like I can play a fast level and stop when I'm busy. I also like that it reminds me of the old Mario games. Admittedly I'm old and haven't really enjoyed a mario game since Super Mario All-Stars. I also bought Super Mario 3D and to be honest it feels like it's the same problem Sonic Adventure had. It's slow and unwieldy where as I can blast through levels in New Super Mario Bros 2 as fast as the old sonic and mario games.

I'd liek to get a solid RPG, I was thinking about getting Dragon Quest VII but I heard it's like a billion hours long. Is it a slog or ok? Is there something else I should be looking at?

Both of the Zelda remakes (Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask) are excellent. They are better than their N64 counterparts.
PilotWings is great if you're into that sort of thing.
It's just like all of the previous ones, but looks a bit better, and the 3D effect is used nicely.
Super Metroid and Super Mario World on Virtual Console are great.
I hear that Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse is excellent.
Xenoblade Chronicles is pretty decent. It didn't end up being exactly what I wanted, but it does seem to be a good game. I haven't gotten that far into it yet.
If you haven't played it on other platforms, the 3DS is definitely the best place to play Shovel Knight. I highly recommend it.
Mario Kart 7 is great. One of the better ones in the series.
That's all I can think of off the top of my head at the moment. I have quite a bit more on mine, but don't have it in front of me.

Bravely Default series
Corpse Party
7th Dragon
DragonQuest: Fragments
Stella Glow
Legend of Legacy
Fire Emblem: Birthright or its brother

Any of those are pretty good

Get Pokemon X/Y. The series may seem "kiddy", but its a damn fine rpg. It's much deeper than most people imagine.

Play every Dragon Quest game you can get your hands on. Fantastic RPGs.

Shovel Knight
Monster Hunter 4/Generations
Donkey Kong Country Returns

Back