Good media headphones for $125 budget?

Shadowprice

2[H]4U
I'm looking for some good media headphones (not earbuds) for a budget up to $125. This would just be for music playback on iTunes and Pandora streaming with my MacBook Pro and iPhone. I do get a pretty huge discount on Beats products where I work but I'm looking for any advice. I'm not really an audiophile, I'm just looking for good quality sound and comfort.

Thanks.

Are you looking for those style of headphones? Closed, bass emphasis, noise isolating, outdoor use?

Look into the V-Moda LP2 or M100. or the Audio Technica ATH M40x or M50x. Although the latter of those two will only really get down there if on sale.

Creative Aurvana Live and Live 2 are some options as well, they are cheaper.

I was looking at the audio ones. What are the main differences between the 40 and 50? These will be gently used indoor. Bedroom headphones pretty much.

I do recommend the vmoda lp. I have the m100 and lp. The m100 goes on sale but ends up being around $175 on sale. The lp is a lot cheaper. They need am extra $20 ear cushion upgrade though.

I absolutely love my Senn 598's. I've owned many cans, and always came back to these. Of course the "best" headphone is always subjective, unless you try them yourself.

Senneheiser HD558/HD598 (they share the same drivers) sound great and are incredily comfortable. They are open-backed though, so they'll let sound in (and out).

Senneheiser HD558/HD598 (they share the same drivers) sound great and are incredily comfortable. They are open-backed though, so they'll let sound in (and out).

But the soundstage is incredible. Especially because they are open.

But the soundstage is incredible. Especially because they are open.

I was recommending them too. Just wanted to note they were open backed, so they do have superior sound stage/spatial positioning, and ventilation if you're not a fan of sweaty ears They also have a removable cable that only attaches to one side, all pluses in my book. Thumping bass isn't one of their strong points though.

I would recommend used as well.

A pair I would look at are the Audio Technica ATH-AD700X.

If you don't want to buy used, the ATH-M50 are great and frequently go on sale on amazon.

I own the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 and they are pretty nice but if you can get beats for the same price...and try them out first...then that would be a good option

Wow, in Canada those headphones are over $200 CAD. I have HD558 and have had HD598 and HD595. IMO, just go with the cheaper HD558.

598s often go on sale for around 100 bucks on Amazon. You might have to buy them from the U.S. site, but I assume even after shipping and taxes it's less than 200 CAD

598s often go on sale for around 100 bucks on Amazon. You might have to buy them from the U.S. site, but I assume even after shipping and taxes it's less than 200 CAD

Amazon USA won't let Canadians buy from the USA site and are directed to use amazon.ca where prices are mostly higher or not even availailable.

I wanted to buy beyerdynamic DT990 from amazon in USA but no go so I looked up the amazon dealers website in the USA and bought them directly from them instead. They claimed they were sold out of Pro model (cheaper) so ordered non-Pro model at higher cost, bastards sent me Pro model anyway. Made them refund me some money but it was a classic bait and switch.

Back