Good Lite Burning Program?

ZzBloopzZ

[H]ard|Gawd
What is a good burning app these days? I mainly archive data CD's and DVD's, and burn music CD's. I want something lite weight that isn't a memory hog. For images I will stick with using ImgBurn.

I was thinking either Nero 7 / 8 Micro, CDBurnerXP or InfraRecorder. What do you guys think? I hear InfraRecorder and CDBurnerXP are great lite weight alternatives.

i use CDBurnerXP and imgburn for iso. Seems to work for everything i need it to do at work and home.

I've been quite impressed with CDBurnerXP. Actually don't even keep nero installed anymore as it is rather bloated these days. I don't ever do anything very complex though.

I use Ashampoo's Burning Studio (I have versions 5 and 6, though they're now on 7). The program is 40 dollars, but you can download a free 30 day trial (I think it's 30 days). The nice thing is they usually send you an e-mail with a deal to buy it for less. I think when I bought Burning Studio 5 I paid 12 bucks for it. Burning Studio 6 they gave me for free, once 7 came out, and I was still using 5.

I thought you can only use ImgBurn for images?

You can burn data/music with it too?

CD Burner XP, it's really came a long way. Before when I used it, it didn't have the capability to burn images or DVD's I think, but that was a couple years ago, now it does everything I used to use Nero for, but for free!:cool:

I gotta tell ya this is one of the things that really gets me.

The top 2 things that annoy me about windows XP and vista (which is funny cuz I thought both would be solved with vista):

1. Calculator. WTF? no log function, or advanced trig functions, or radian mode... uses standard ACSII characters to represent functions that really need their own image. It doesn't even tell you the function you entered. Seriously Microsoft, we couldn't hire a couple programers on 20bux an hr to design a better one? I mean really its insane, I have to go to my backpack, and grab my texus instriments whenever I wanna do something even remotly complicated. Makes me wanna punch Bill (or the new guy, Steve) in the face even thinking about it. Its just one of those nitpicks that gets under my skin...
2. Burning software. Slow as molassis in jan and about as reliable as a promise made by the NDP.

1. Calculator. WTF? no log function, or advanced trig functions, or radian mode... uses standard ACSII characters to represent functions that really need their own image. It doesn't even tell you the function you entered. Seriously Microsoft, we couldn't hire a couple programers on 20bux an hr to design a better one? I mean really its insane, I have to go to my backpack, and grab my texus instriments whenever I wanna do something even remotly complicated. Makes me wanna punch Bill (or the new guy, Steve) in the face even thinking about it. Its just one of those nitpicks that gets under my skin...

you ever try scientific mode?

CDBurnerXP worked great for me. Simple, fast, easy and a very light program as well

Back