good laugh for the Phanteks support guys

philb2

[H]ard|Gawd
I was connecting the front panel wiring to an ASUS motherboard for my new Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. I couldn't find the PLED+ and PLED- wires, despite a lot of searching, even with a flashlight. Finally out of desparation, I wrote this email to Phanteks support:

I can’t seem to find the PLED+ ad PLED- motherboard leads. I’m sure I’m not looking in the right place. Please help me out here. Case is Enthoo Pro, otherwise no issues.

I am an experienced PC builder, so it is a bit embarrassing for me to write this email.

The joke is on me. After I wrote this email, I turned on the system for the first time and what-do-you-know, the power switch light turns on. So those PLED leads were simply not needed. Ooops. :confused:

Its like that thing where you run around looking for your glasses and they're on top of your head, happens to everyone and its good for a laugh.

Sounds like a good way to smudge the lenses... :p.

I can't stand that it makes me nauseous 🫢

I did one of these the other day, I was swapping GPUs in and out for some testing and it took me about 15 minutes to realize I wasn't getting a display output because I forgot to plug in the power cables.

Its like that thing where you run around looking for your glasses and they're on top of your head, happens to everyone and its good for a laugh.
Agreed. And I can't even say this was a "senior moment," even though I am in that age range. However, I HATE, HATE, HATE the term "senior" or "senior citizen." I'm just an old guy still full of energy and ideas for projects, like builing my own PCs.

My friend used to look for his glasses all the time and yes sometimes they were on his head, me on the other hand I always need to wear them to see anything so this has never happened to me.

Back