Good keyboard and mouse to replace my cheapo one

I am getting sick of my cheapo MK260 keyboard and mouse. The keys are are getting stuck often and don't depress at the right time so I get my letters swapped frequently. There's also wiggle in the keys, which I don't like. I tried testing out some keyboards at the store, but they all felt pretty much the same. They got stuck alot, and were probably never cleaned since they are store models (I never cleaned mine either ha). Same cheap plastic wiggle looseness.

Do you think a mechanical keyboard will solve my problems? I am looking for the cheapest one that is wireless and works decently while being quiet, as quiet as mechanical keyboards get anyway.

The mouse on the mk260 is also very chintzy. Lots of give on the keys. Doesn't seem to track very well. Every time I try to buy a higher end mouse, I end up returning it, because most of them have an ergonomic groove on the side that completely screws up my orientation. I will end up turning the mouse several degrees counterclockwise and moving up and down on the mouse moves it at a slight diagonal, so it becomes unuseable. I am looking for a good low cost mouse that is well rounded (literally), no grooves or concave ergonomic designs, has tilt with the scroll wheel, and has back and forward buttons for browsing. Wireless too.

Well, I'm totally bummed now... Microsoft's Intellipoint software, that went along with their mice used to add some stuff to your mouse control panel window including an option to set the orientation, where you would click on this hot-air balloon and drag it "Up" and the driver would remember and adjust everything for that orientation, but it seems that has been removed. (Just checked in version 8.2 for Win 7 32-bit with MS Comfort Optical Mouse 3000)

Are there third party drivers that have this option?

Back