good ips 27inch monitor?

Overlord Tempest X270/ Achieva Shimian/ Catleaps and recently QNIX PLS. These are all good. But if you want secure warranty, go get from Overlordcomputer company or microcenter. They have 1 year warranty so your purchase will be more secure. I personally using the Overlord Tempest X270 and has 0 problem

Monoprice for just barely over your budget. The warranty is more than worth it. I won't go into the details of my particular case, but I'm astounded with the level of customer service they've displayed, given the bargain-bin pricing. I shudder to think if I'd run into some of the same issues with a straight-from-Korea panel via eBay.

I love my Qnix 2710 from hulustar!

it runs 120hz with no problems. No stuck pixels, no dead pixels, slight backlight bleed. I couldn't be happier!

when you say 27" most people, myself included, think 2650x1400 not 1920x1080

2560x1440 you mean..

and yes, the Qnix runs 2560x1440. Samsung PLS, 120hz.
$317

i'd feel uneasy spending that amount on a monitor that large and trying to squeeze an IPS into that price range. i'm not saying that it can't be done, but the panel is not the only thing that makes up the monitor. it is indeed the most important, but I think you should bump to $400 on a new monitor for 1080p at that size and $700 on a 2560x1440 in that size as reasonable price ranges. Plus tax or shipping of course.

I would also not suggest buying any off brands. they will fail in other areas, such as backlight hotspotting, uneven illumination, light bleed from under the bezel edges, have limited connectivity options or only allow for tilt adjustment on the stands. you don't buy monitors often (well, most of us don't), so the investment is warranted to add a bit more to the budget to get a good one. I think the same of PSUs and input devices and audio. the rest rotates out so fast due to technology advances that it's silly.

can't spend 500+ on monitor and buying some koreans monitors from ebay is not a good idea in my opinion...

can't spend 500+ on monitor and buying some koreans monitors from ebay is not a good idea in my opinion...

Read through 3800 posts here to see if it makes you feel more comfortable.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star

The 27" lcds on ebay with weird 'off-brand' names still have Samsung LCDs in them. Samsung is 100% south Korean.

Would you hesitate to buy one of their TVs?
the only difference is the circuit board inside, the housing and the stand. The different circuit board allows users to overclock the lcds from 60hz up to 120hz.
I'd say that 99% of people get the lcd to at least 96hz. Go read that thread.

Very few users at OCN have issues with their LCDs. I bought a 3 year squaretrade warranty for $50. So the total I spent was $367 shipped for a Samsung PLS 2560x1440 and it runs 120hz.

will really have to think hard about this. still not sure if its good idea, the panel is nice, but you pretty much get zero warranty, no OSD, no scaller, very limited inputs.....

and my old GTX480 would really struggle with games on 2560x1440

will really have to think hard about this. still not sure if its good idea, the panel is nice, but you pretty much get zero warranty, no OSD, no scaller, very limited inputs.....

1080p at 27 is just fine.

Once again, Squaretrade warranty for $50.
DVI-D only input means less input lag. That's a good thing. Who needs hdmi for their comp lcd anyhow?
I don't miss having an OSD. Load a custom color profile and it gets you the same results.

I am about to spring for one of these QNIX monitors, are there any of these high resolution IPS panels that can flip to portrait mode? I plan on running two, the portrait mode for long documents

Once again, Squaretrade warranty for $50.
DVI-D only input means less input lag. That's a good thing. Who needs hdmi for their comp lcd anyhow?
I don't miss having an OSD. Load a custom color profile and it gets you the same results.
Hardware adjustments allow for more flexibility and gets you a higher quality calibration than software alone, even if you don't have access to the hardware LUT's.

But more importantly... I'm among the group of people who would love to use their awesome 1440p monitor with more than 1 computer - in my case, a laptop. I still haven't figured out how to do it yet, and it reallllly bugs me. I wish the multi-input + DisplayPort versions didn't cost so much more when I bought the Qnix.

Worries about input lag? Pah. Overrated for me. Useability is more important than input lag in my case.

There's also the X-star DP2710 which has the same PLS panel and is nearly identical to the QNIX model. Either way you can't go wrong, I'm still thinking about picking up second. I'm worried prices will go up like they did on the Yamakasi and Achieva as supplies decreased.

I'm not sure why everyone is so gung-ho about the monoprice monitor. It's a rebadged Achieva QH2700-IPSMS. Also their warranty isn't all inclusive.

Monoprice Warranty
"As with the previous model, we are standing behind this monitor with a 5-dead-pixel warranty for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase. If you can count five dead pixels, we'll send you a new monitor."

You're basically taking a chance anyway you go, so why not spend $100 less and get a monitor with the latest PLS panel and that can also OC to120Hz.

if I were to stretched my budget just a bit.

Are there any options with HDMI, (maybe DP) OSD and that can potentially run at 120hz?

Any recommendations on 27" for gaming? Preferably IPS.

Yeah, the QNIX qx2710 or the X-star dp2710 are the way to go. DVI-Dual Link bypasses a video scaler, response times are ~6ms GtG, and people have OCed them to 120Hz. I don't see a better monitor on the market that has those features and certainly nothing like that for such a ridiculously low price.

edit: Both monitors use Samsung PLS panels, but that shouldn't deter you since it is technically a better panel than the LG IPS.

I'm very happy with my Dell u2713HM, but I guess you already know that it's a lottery when it comes to this monitor :)

Back