Good idea to go 64 bit Vista?

I'm dual booting in Xp so it shouldn't be a problem...

But will there be anything that would be a problem?

On this machine, I'm not really using much... Just Nod32 for virus protection, a-squared for trojan protection, windows defender, um...

G5 (Would there be issues with logitech software?), audigy 2 zs, p5nd2 sli (upgraded to newest bios, the one that supports everything)...

7600 gt, about to upgrade to a 8600...

And a linksys usb adapter...

It's my pentium d system...

Would it work in vista 64 bit?

Would it run slower then 32 bit? Would the ram work more? I have 2 gigs of ram...

Didn't you already start a thread asking pretty much this same exact question?

No?

I think you are confusing me with someone else?

Check my history. I've never once asked if I should switch to 64 Vista.

Back to topic... Would there be any problems? Advantages/disadvantages?

The way I see it is I might as well install the 64 bit version. It wont suck forever and I'm gonna have to start using it in the future anyway so why bother installing a version and tweaking it to just how I like it so I can reinstall down the road.

Didn't you already start a thread asking pretty much this same exact question?
It may not be the same person, but your comments still apply. Why do we need this questions asked a million times when the answer is still the same??

Check your hardware and software for compatibility issues. You know what you are running, and what you plan to be running in the future, not us. Take a look on their respective websites, do some google searching for the app and Vista (ex: Vista AND Photoshop) and you'll have your answers.

You're asking about the RAM working, despite that topic being discussed ad naseum. 2 GB of RAM will work fine and be utilized fully on either platform. Just do some basic reading and you'll have more info than you'll ever need.

Okay, well can you at least answer about the ram :rolleyes:

Would it use more ram then it would in 32 bit mode? Should I get more ram?

Am I allowed to ask one more question? If I don't find compatible software for it, would vista 32 bit or xp 32 bit software work in vista 64 bit?

The only one I'm questioning is the linksys usb adapter for my network... It only has xp drivers...

I can get it work in 32 bit vista, but I'm not sure about 64 bit....

Wait, nevermind, it has come out with vista 32 bit drivers.

Would this work in vista 64 bit?

I'm kinda hesitant about connecting a network connection that is 32 bit on a 64 bit vista...

Usually, the drivers need to be written for one platform, or the other, and aren't interchangeable. Send Linksys an e-mail asking about Vista64 support.

64 bit was not a good idea for me. I did about 30 seconds of research and found that Creative has not released a x64 bit driver for my sound card.

I like sound. :)

Creative has an X64 driver for all the Audigy sound cards so its all good for me. So far X64 is running great on both systems I put it on.

Creative has an X64 driver for all the Audigy sound cards so its all good for me. So far X64 is running great on both systems I put it on.

I have a Creative Audigy SE and they didn't have Vista x64 support when I looked last night. :confused:

Perhaps he meant XP x64, not Vista x64. The drivers are typically interchangeable, at least they have been in my experience with Vista so far, for a variety of hardware: printers, sound cards, media card readers, etc, with no ill effects so far.

Back