Good FTP Software?|Is Winamp any good?

Bio Hazord

Limp Gawd
Well I will combine two question insted of starting two threads.

Any one know of good ftp software that is free. And would any of you recomend winamp or other media player.

thx

I like filezilla for ftp.
For a media player for music, I have been using foobar for quite some time, but I'm thinking of switching back to winamp, not sure.
For videos, either bsplayer or videolan.

I've used CuteFTP for the past...7? years. I love it. While it's not free, they do offer a 30 day free trial to let you see if you like it. I have tried a few other programs but prefer cute by quite a bit.

As for mp3...I've stuck with winamp ever since it started. Besides the fact that my winbar only works with winamp, (which works quite nicely) it is just the easiest program to use in my opinion.

Hmmm, FTP server or client? I see now that you didn't specify...

SmartFTP stands as my prefered client; for a server I use GuildFTP.

I like GuildFTP, but its really the only FTP server I have any experience with; the straightforward setup and easy user-management is nice.

Since we're talking about Windows.

FTP - Filezilla
Music - Foobar is my main choice, but I like Sonique 2 (without the crashes)
Video - Media Player Classic

FTP: WS FTP_LE (The light version is powerful and free)
Music: Winamp definitely :)

Well I treid FileZilla and I liked it I am still going to look into other ones but this one is at the top of my list for right now. I havent tryed any media player but I am planing on doing that next :D

Thx

An oldie, but a goodie, is Leech FTP.
It multi-threads, hammers, bookmarks, works with any Windows version, etc. It is also highly configurable, yet easy to use. Best of all, it is freeware.
I've used it since 1999, and see no end in sight. It is that good.

Leech FTP

I use Winamp 2.91, but CDDB stopped connecting for some reason. It's a minor inconvenience because I rarely play CDs.

FTP Client: FlashFXP
FTP Server: Bulletproof or Serv-U

Personally prefer WMP because it is preinstalled in Windows. But it does use a bit more resources to run though.

Filezilla for both the ftp client and the server.

Winamp 5 for audio and video.

BillLeeLee said:
Since we're talking about Windows.

FTP - Filezilla
Music - Foobar is my main choice, but I like Sonique 2 (without the crashes)
Video - Media Player Classic

lol i thought i was liek the only person who used sonique, the skins and visuals are awesome

ftp client = flashfxp best thing ever
music and everything = winamp (it even handles my tv tuner)

FTP= Leech ftp - very simple yet powerful, multi-threading with most other thins you would need form an FTP cliant. small, fast, just plane works!

Music/Video= Wndows MP9 - sorry but it just works, Winamp is buggy, foobar is nice but still buggy.

Zardoz said:
FTP= Leech ftp - very simple yet powerful, multi-threading with most other thins you would need form an FTP cliant. small, fast, just plane works!

Music/Video= Wndows MP9 - sorry but it just works, Winamp is buggy, foobar is nice but still buggy.

whoa whoa whoa, winamp is anything but buggy. It's rarely crashed on me and definitely fewer times than wmp has, but oh well :p

FTP: Explorer when I'm lazy or WS_FTP
Music: Winamp 5.02
Video: Media Player Classic or ZoomPlayer

Peace

For FTP I use CuteFTP, works great and as a great site manager that allows to work easyly with multiple servers.

For Media I use iTunes/qicktime, I cherish any peice of mac software I can get for my windows system. If theres one thing that mac does really well, is create software.

<*> FTP: Either SmartFTP or FileZilla <(*)>

<*> FTP Server: GuildFTP <(.)(.)>

<*> MP3's - JetAudio (Also RIPS and Burn's Cd's) (Free) §§§§

<*>]Wav to MP3 coversion: YAMP @======\

Back