Good deal on pre-built PC or build my own?

sarro

n00b
It's been 17 years since I built my last PC, but I've been catching up on components lately. I was planning on finally building a new rig (I've owned several used builds since), but came across this local sale recently:

iBuypower PC i7-8700 3.2 GHz
16 GB DDR4 SSD HDD
GTX 1060 3GB

buypower.jpg

Desciption:
"Originally listed as $1200 listing now $800. Priced to sell. Powerful like new PC for sale. Used for audio and video production, selling because I now use a laptop as I am out of my office a lot. i7-8700 3.2 GHz, 16GB DDR4, GTX 1060 3GB with 128 GB SSD, 250 GB SSD, and a 1 TB HDD. Many ports and a lot of room for expansion. The computer is completely RGB as well."

Good deal at $800 or should I go ahead and build my own?

Build a computer for $800 is what I would recommend. You get the satisfaction of doing it on your own and you know the warranty that you're getting. You could build a nice AMD 3600 system for $800.

Build your own, you can get the exact case you want, CPU, Ram, right size SSD and/or HD, find some good deals on a video card etc. You get to decide in other words within a given budget. You can build it in steps, you don't even have to have a case initially so you can put more money into the components while funds become more available for the exact case you would love. A hell a lot of options and avenues to choose and cross. I usually plan a general build, start accumulating parts that have great deals or sells. Before you know it, it is built.

Build it for fun.
To me, it's a hobby, and one that's incredibly entertaining and interesting.

Trust yourself. You can do it. It's difficult, but if you do the research first and buy the perfect parts after lots of study and analysis, then it's the most glorious thing to build it yourself. Don't be afraid. You'll do fine if you do the research first.

Last edited:
If you have a Micro Center near you I would go there and purchase your Parts...
They usually have great MOBO/CPU Combos..

Back