Good Deal on InFocus HD 720p/1080i Projector

CooLSpoT

Limp Gawd
InFocus SP5000
http://www.infocus.com/Products/Projectors/SP5000.aspx
sells for 1,300 on their site

There is a $300 Mail in rebate for it right now
https://www.infocusrebates.com/start/claimform.php?ppromoid=1699

You can buy this Projector on ebay from InFocus with a 92" 16x9 and free shipping for $990
http://cgi.ebay.com/InFocus-SP5000-...ryZ75417QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cliffs
$1,300 projector
$200 screen
$1,500 total
** you pay 990.00
-$300 rebate
Total: 690.00 w/ screen

save $810.00

Just ordered mine, Let me know what you guys think. =)

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Sorry, but I highly doubt you'll get a mail-in rebate on an ebay purchase. Good luck with it though!

-Sales/purchases from reseller-to-reseller and/or
distributor-to-reseller are not eligible for this promotion.

-Only actual purchaser of the qualifying products may
participate in this program. Resellers may not apply for
rebate and/or special offers on behalf of their customers.

pretty sure that rebate isn't gonna come, u still got a nice deal on it tho of ebay.

DarkSi said:
Sorry, but I highly doubt you'll get a mail-in rebate on an ebay purchase. Good luck with it though!

I called up infocus myself and they said they would grant it. i donno we will see
EDIT:

Really InFocus told me to go to their ebay store and to buy it there cause they are out of stock on their website. lol

As long as you are not planning on selling it once you buy it, you are neither a Reseller nor Distributor, so there is no reason why they shouldn't honor the rebate.

Man I should have asked for that Reps name from infocus, but I dont think its going to be a problem....

Seems like a good deal, but is the one you got a remanufactured one or brand new?

I have a good room for a projector, and would only use it for gaming, and movies. How would this projector do at games you think? I noticed it does 1280x720 which seems decent, but whats up with the 1100 lumens? that seems somewhat dim compared to other inFocus models that are 2000+.

plasma said:
I noticed it does 1280x720 which seems decent, but whats up with the 1100 lumens? that seems somewhat dim compared to other inFocus models that are 2000+.
More lumens isn't always a good thing as it can wash out the picture. Depends on a rooms light control, ambiant light, screen material, etc etc.

There's lots of highly rated projectors that had less than 1000 lumens, 1100 is fairly average. Crt front projectors often have lumen ratings that range between 550-800.

The only other affordable 720P projectors are the sanyo Z2 and Z3, and the panasonic ae700 + ae900 which all go for hundreds more than the SP5000. Though many might argue that you get what you pay for. The AVS forums has lots of good threads on the SP5000.

This is a good deal imho, great price/performance.

The rebate says it doesn't qualify on remanufactured projectors and this one is in fact remanufactured.

Sucks because I was really excited about this too :(.

This isn't a new deal by any means. Infocus has had this deal going for about 6 months now. It's cheap for 2 reasons. One, you get what you pay for. 2 Infocus has a complete new lineup out this year and are trying to dump stock.

If you have ever whinned about "backlighting" on you LCD, you should stay away from the SP5000 projector. The SP5000 is most known for it's poor contrast ratio and the washed out blacks. Spend some time over at avsforum.com and read up in the "projectors under $3500" section. You will be amazed at what a $1000-1500 can by you these days in projectors. ... but take note that AVSforum only allows posts showing MSRP, but keep in mind that you can buy these projectors for well under that through many of the resellers you will find there.

As far as screens go. This is a big debate in itself over there too. But unless you are forking up a $1000 for a screen, there really isn't that much difference. 90% of the folks who have gone to the local Home Depot and grabbed a board of Parkland Plastics for $20 or spent $50 on Black Out Cloth at Walmart have been just as satisfied as Mr. Money Bags and his $2000 Silver Hawk screen. The important factor is your ability to control any stray light in the room and it's reflection off the screen material.

Projector is awesome, I was at a friends friends house who has one. You won't be disappointed, nice find btw!

Also, if i may put 2 cents in,

you can make your own screen, cheaply at that. Take a look on the interweb, for making your own projector screen,

good way to save a few bucks

Another two cents. If you want a stationary screen build your own. But if you want a drop down save up and buy an electic one. My screen covers my 30" HD crt and let me tell you it would be nice I would have shelled out the cash to get an electric drop down. I know that makes me sound terribly lazy but the pull downs are a pain in the butt.

Back