'Good' cheap router?

Klaerth

Weaksauce
I'm helping a friend with not much spare cash find a cheap router...his current one drops the connection of everyone at his place about every 5-20 minutes, and it's horridly annoying for all involved. He's a gamer, but nothing special is really needed...just something that'll work and do it's job. => Any suggestions?

I'm helping a friend with not much spare cash find a cheap router...his current one drops the connection of everyone at his place about every 5-20 minutes, and it's horridly annoying for all involved. He's a gamer, but nothing special is really needed...just something that'll work and do it's job. => Any suggestions?

Yes, I have several suggestions and reccomendations, which are stickied in a very comprehensive thread: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1226866

Good and never comes cheap. Anything will work for that. Linksys, D-link, Netgear jus get a name brand you shouldnt have any problems it all user prefrence really.

Also as far as it dropping connection its probably not the router. Its probably something to do with his ISP does he have cable modem or DSL???? Because if you try sending to many packets through them at once they shut down until the packets stop so they can regain their stuff. If you want more detail let me know.

Back