Good but cheap monitor

Vorret

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi,

My older Dell (can't remember the model but it's a 20 inches) is kinda dying, there's a shadow on the left side so I figure it's probably the backlight dying (though to be honest, I know NOTHING about monitors).

Now, I usually buy my stuff in Canada but I'm in luck, my mom is in Florida for the next few months so she can buy stuff in the good old US of A and benifit from better prices.

Which monitor should I look for, it's ONLY for gaming, nothing else, and I don't want to pay 500$ (between 0$ and 350$ preferably).

edit:
I'm not sold on a brand, but I want something that will last me a while, my Dell has been working fine for the past 8 years or so, if my next monitor can give me the same value I'd be very, very happy.

I'd get you a Dell u2412m and call it a day. Should last you and dell has great support.

How large of a monitor are you looking for?

Dell has the U2312HM in the outlet for $189, or new for $239 right now.

As long as it's a bigger than what I have :)

Big difference between that 24 inches and the 23.
When that 24 inches is on sale, how much can you expect to pay?

As long as it's a bigger than what I have :)

Big difference between that 24 inches and the 23.
When that 24 inches is on sale, how much can you expect to pay?

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&sku=320-2676

It seems to always be at $329, but not today.

But it regularly goes down to $299 also.

You should always give sales a call though, as some people have been able to get them for $260 it seems. And don't worry about it being the small business section; anyone can order from there.

Best of luck!

I agree to go with Dell, but not necessarily true about the service. Because whatever brand you get you will only have valid warranty within the United States, therefore Dell Canada will not provide warranty for your monitor. Unless policies have changed recently, I believe that should still be the case.

FYI, that should be the same with most companies, so keep in mind that you should choose a brand that has a reputation for not breaking down period...

If it was me, I would honestly never advise people to buy electronics in another country because warranty does not valid across countries... and because QC nowadays is not as popular for companies to focus on as most mainstream companies compete merely on price therefore driving down value on QC.

I bit.
bought a 2412m today, on sale at 265 instead of 365 (still ends up at 305$ after tax, ah well).

Anything I need to know about that monitor or the default factory settings are fine for gaming ?

Can't wait :)

Back