Good Automated Testing Software(Sikuli, AutoHotkey/AutoIt, etc)??

JC724

Weaksauce
Looking for a good automated testing tool. To help me automate some testing procedures.

Is this something I can do in like C#(if so maybe I can get some guidance in how to do that)?

Or does anybody know some good tools I can use for this.

I am right now looking at Sikuli and AutoIt right now?

If you're looking for a strict MS solution, you can create automation with C# and Microsoft Coded UI for the driver and MSTest for your test framework.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd286726.aspx
With the above, you can't use the base-line Visual Studio Community or Standard, I think the functionality starts with Premium.

Alternatively if working on a budget, you can use open-source platforms with C# to get stuff done. Look into Selenium with NUnit as a the test framework. This will work with any version of Visual Studio.

Looking for a good automated testing tool. To help me automate some testing procedures.

Is this something I can do in like C#(if so maybe I can get some guidance in how to do that)?

Or does anybody know some good tools I can use for this.

I am right now looking at Sikuli and AutoIt right now?

I think you left out all information that would be helpful in answering your question.
  1. Are you unit testing?
  2. Are you integration testing?
  3. Are you testing user interfaces?
  4. Is this for a website? an application?
  5. What language is the application written in?

I think you left out all information that would be helpful in answering your question.
  1. Are you unit testing?
  2. Are you integration testing?
  3. Are you testing user interfaces?
  4. Is this for a website? an application?
  5. What language is the application written in?

Sorry I should have provided that information.

I am trying to automate documented test procedures.

Not Unit Test.
Not Integration Testing
I am testing User Interfaces of various applications(not websites).

The front end was created in C# and the back end was written in C++. I am mostly testing the front end. The procedures I am trying to automate are on the UI side.

Back