Good and inexpensive racing wheel?

Kuyt

Gawd
I wanna break out of the controller and keyboard and finally get a racing wheel. Any good one's for a reasonable price (< $100 perhaps?) that can mount to a table. Don't want to spend too much. Currently looking at the Logitech Momo and Driving Force GT.

Also, what's the "H-Shifter" with the G25?

Thanks.

ya the momo is a pretty solid wheel for the price. the wheel itself is pretty has a pretty realistic feel.

He's right. Theres nothing good for under $100.

You get what you pay for and the momo is junk. If you've got the $$$ go for the g25 or a thomas superwheel.

its a good wheel for the casual racer, of course its going to suck when compared to the g25. i got mine for $50 bucks and it was a great buy.

I wanna break out of the controller and keyboard and finally get a racing wheel. Any good one's for a reasonable price (< $100 perhaps?) that can mount to a table. Don't want to spend too much. Currently looking at the Logitech Momo and Driving Force GT?

Also, what's the "H-Shifter" with the G25?

Thanks.

for games that support a seperate button for each gear, it has a 6sp H setup. If the game doesnt, u turn a knob and it sets it to forward and back for upshift/downshit

Well.. you could try out a Logitech Drive FX wheel for the 360.. I had one, used it for my PC and worked flawlessly, minus the force feed back.. And I only paid 50 bucks for mine, at a local gamespot..

Older pic.. but thats the wheel.. No shifter, but has paddle shift.

I've been perfectly happy with my Momo *shrug* It hasn't been at all "fragile" or "shaky", and it's taken quite a beating.

Naturally the hardcore GTR2 purists and similar won't have anything good to say about anything that isn't top-of-the-line, but for casual racing the momo has worked flawlessly for me.

well actually, if you want my friend is selling a g25 for 150 if u want that. he paid 300 i think and has the recipts and everything. let me know. btw i own the dfp and i think its real good. (and paid 60 for it :D)

well actually, if you want my friend is selling a g25 for 150 if u want that. he paid 300 i think and has the recipts and everything. let me know. btw i own the dfp and i think its real good. (and paid 60 for it :D)

I paid $25 for one of my two DFPs ;)

I just got a Driving Force GT and am very pleased with it. Yea, I know it breaks your $100 limit, but it is on sale at BB for $130. That is not much over your limit (only 8 gallons of gas in today's currency) and If you don't like it, take it back and get the Momo.

i went from a Momo to the g25 and the difference is night and day. however, for the price of the Momo, its a pretty decent wheel and most games have support for it since it is a very popular wheel.
Id go for it.

I have this wheel, its complete trash. The plastic that it's made of is very fragile and shaky, and the wheel itself just sucks

You must be thinking of a completely different product or something....

The MOMO Force was one of the best wheels you could get, at least until they came out with the G25. I really don't see where you get fragile and shaky, hell the MOMO Force is one of the most solid wheels ever made... the things are built like tanks! I've got two of these, one of which has seen almost four years of constant use and abuse and it still works and feels like new.

My only complaint with the MOMO Force was the pedals, they could have done a much better job with them.

You want to see plastic and flimsy, find an old Microsoft Sidewinder wheel... yiiiikes!

Back