Good alternative to the Logitech G19 and G9X? Razor?

crewxp

Limp Gawd
I was wondering if I have been too biased towards Logitech. They were the only brand of keyboards I've ever had.

I recently sent in my Logitech G19 because the keys had began to lose their 'feel'. They seem more wobbly now and it just feels more cheap than it used to feel.

My G9X was a great mouse, but it had issues with the top mouse button. It auto scrolled sometimes and really annoyed me.

I was wondering if Razor had any equivalent devices. I saw Razor had tron keyboards and mouse, but I'm guessing those types of kb/mice from them are just cosmetic.

What do you guys think. Any keyboards that don't lose their key responsiveness and stay straight that perform the same or better than the G19? I don't know which product is equal in terms of quality to the G19 and G9x. If I knew, I could work my way up by price and narrow it down easier.

Thanks guys

Last edited:
Hmmm...Razer is a bit of mixed bag. If you ask around here, your always going to get varied responses based off prior ownership, etc...I personally don't like them because off their 1337 marketing approach, but a lot of that depends on your age and personal preference.

I've owned both Razer KB/mice, and build quality seems to be biggest issue. Are you thinking of going to a mechanical keyboard? Razer makes a very decent mech in the Black Widow Stealth. Deathadder Black is pretty nice mouse, but if your hands sweat a lot the finish on the top begins to wear off with time.

I had long been a fan of Logitech, and recently explored other options... buying a Razer Mamba and a Steelseries Sensei. I seriously regret buying those now, as both broke shortly after purchase. I now own a G500 mouse and wish I had bought it to begin with... so if I were you I would be weary about leaving Logitech.

Also, why not contact their CS about the mouse issue? They have some of the very best CS in the industry. I'm sure they can fix your issue somehow.

You could try one of Corsairs new keyboards. They have the G15/G11 keys on them so it's most likely a Logitech re-brand. It doesn't have a LCD screen though and the Gkeys, Fkeys, and some of the other keys are membrane. The QWERTY section are mechanical keys though. Something like that ,might make migration easier. Here is a digram of what keys are mechanical.

wow, looks cool. glad to see a new keyboard in the market.

i've never had a mechanical keyboard before. Can you type faster and more accurate on mechanical keyboards than you can on a regular keyboard (like a g15 or g19)?

What do you guys think. Any keyboards that don't lose their key responsiveness and stay straight that perform the same or better than the G19? I don't know which product is equal in terms of quality to the G19 and G9x. If I knew, I could work my way up by price and narrow it down easier.

about the same or better than a G19 is the logitech K120... if you're interested in a good keyboard search for leopold, filco, das, etc.. you'll understand what i mean ;)

Back