good 24" monitor?

vertigomhs

[H]ard|Gawd
hi, im looking for a good 24 inch monitor, i currently have a 23 inch samsung and its great but im going to return it for a bigger one.

im basically looking for a 24 inch anywhere from 250-400, of course some might be worth paying more for if it has more features. As for as res goes id prefer a 16:10 but i can get a 16:9 if its cheaper. hdmi is a plus and so is component (but thats rare) but they are not needed.

i like the look of samsungs and the one i have now seems to have no flaws, no crazy backlight bleed and no dead pixels from what i can tell, but im not sure if i just got lucky or if all samsungs are great.

thanks for the help

EDIT: is newegg a good place to buy a monitor? any other places?

For me it's between the BenQ G2400WD and the Asus VW246H.

Newegg is not a good place from which to purchase a display. You have to have at least eight dead pixels to request an RMA. NCIXusa offers an inexpensive guarantee, usually $10-20 or so. If you're sent a monitor with even one dead pixel, you can return it. The catch is that you have to purchase another one, which they'll send to you right away, and you'll be credited for the first one once they receive it.

The best place to buy is B&M because it's easy to return what you buy. The downside is that most B&M stores don't carry the good displays, and they're often overpriced anyway. Plus there's sales tax.

+1 on the BenQ G2400WD or V2400W -- Fantastic monitor. No lag, standard gamut, has 1:1, HDMI+DVI+VGA, and consistently high build quality. And both can be found for $315 - $330 shipped when on sale.

Others you might try include:

LG 2452T-TF -- Best viewing angles of all 24" TNs I've seen, but lacks HDMI and is typically too expensive at $379 - $400.
Asus VW266H -- This is a 26" TN but is gorgeous. Has HDMI, DVI and component. $330 shipped at Newegg on sale right now.
Samsung T240 -- Consistently recommended though I think the others here are better based on what I've seen.

Just my opinion, good luck.

For me it's between the BenQ G2400WD and the Asus VW246H.

Newegg is not a good place from which to purchase a display. You have to have at least eight dead pixels to request an RMA. NCIXusa offers an inexpensive guarantee, usually $10-20 or so. If you're sent a monitor with even one dead pixel, you can return it. The catch is that you have to purchase another one, which they'll send to you right away, and you'll be credited for the first one once they receive it.

The best place to buy is B&M because it's easy to return what you buy. The downside is that most B&M stores don't carry the good displays, and they're often overpriced anyway. Plus there's sales tax.
good to know thanks, and yeah every b&m price i compare to newegg is ridiculously overpriced.

+1 on the BenQ G2400WD or V2400W -- Fantastic monitor. No lag, standard gamut, has 1:1, HDMI+DVI+VGA, and consistently high build quality. And both can be found for $315 - $330 shipped when on sale.

Others you might try include:

LG 2452T-TF -- Best viewing angles of all 24" TNs I've seen, but lacks HDMI and is typically too expensive at $379 - $400.
Asus VW266H -- This is a 26" TN but is gorgeous. Has HDMI, DVI and component. $330 shipped at Newegg on sale right now.
Samsung T240 -- Consistently recommended though I think the others here are better based on what I've seen.

Just my opinion, good luck.
would you say the t240hd is good? i saw the review in this forum and it looks nice plus it has a tv tuner although i probably wont need it.

so as of now the benq is a good choice, and that 26 inch has a great price.

I'd stick with the non-HD version of the T240. For some reason, that built-in tuner seems to introduce a lot of input lag...

http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=36&mo1=402&p1=3707&ma2=48&ph=12
ok lets say if i wanted to hookup my xbox 360 to this monitor, in this case id need 1:1 pixel mapping and component connects, any good monitors that fit into this category? sorry if im asking so many questions...

that benq is looking good though and it has a good price.

my 22" is starting to flicker, looks like it might be dying. looking at a 24-26" as well. the Asus on Newegg has caught my eye, might have to pull the trigger on that.

Right now the BenQ v2400w is $359 shipped (code - v2400w) on its website. I don't know where you can get it for $315 though.

From what I have read the g and v are pretty much the same. The main difference is the g can be mounted - I like how the V looks better though. I ended up canceling my order for v2400w because I am going to try out the 23.6" Viewsonic VX2433. It is $220 after coupon at Costco. There aren't many reviews for it though so I don't know how it compares to the v2400w.

so would you guys say the V is better than the G, looks like they are the same panel but just a different look and the V being slimmer.

@359 the V looks tempting

Back