Good 2 x 2GB RAM for Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P

The Realyst

Limp Gawd
I search and I didn't see much on this, but if I missed it, sorry in advance.

I plan on ordering the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P tomorrow, but I want to make sure I get RAM that works with that board. I checked the Gigabyte website and looked at they're Supported Memory list, but i didn't see any RAM on that list that was 2gb. Anyone else have this board and is running 2 x 2GB? If so, what RAM are you running? If it makes a difference, I'll put a link to my set up so you can see what I'm working with.

The Realyst's Rig

Thanks in advance.

I'm not running on that board (I went with the IP35-e), but I got 2x2 of Patriot DDR2800 off Fry's. It should be easy to find on the site, it's 5-5-5-12 timings for $89 free shipping. If it doesn't end up working, I've found Fry's to be pretty good on allowing returns, and it's not too expensive so it wouldn't tie up much $$.

I am also looking for 2x2gb and the ones I might get are Patriot Extreme. I would be using it with a Abit IP35 Pro.

Anyone have other inputs or brand we should consider.

I have the exact same board using this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231145

works great

I was looking at this set myself. I have the 965P-DS3 mobo and am currently running 2GB of the G.Skill 800 (6400) in my sig. Am wondering how much of a performance jump I would see going from 2GB to 4GB. Most of my games run pretty smooth (CoD4, TF2, Oblivion, etc.) and I don't really find myself NEEDING extra ram.

Would it be worth the upgrade?

I was looking at this set myself. I have the 965P-DS3 mobo and am currently running 2GB of the G.Skill 800 (6400) in my sig. Am wondering how much of a performance jump I would see going from 2GB to 4GB. Most of my games run pretty smooth (CoD4, TF2, Oblivion, etc.) and I don't really find myself NEEDING extra ram.

Would it be worth the upgrade?

If you are running vista 64 its well worth it to go to 4gb.

Back