Good 2.1 Upgrade from Logitech Z3's?

Dillusion

Supreme [H]ardness
Right now I have a set of logitech Z3's, and ive had them for about a year or so. The plug in the back of the subwoofer is loose now and making crackling noises when it gets hit by my foot or just moves randomely.

Anyone have suggestions on a new 2.1 set for me? I just ordered a refurb Audigy 2 THX 7.1 from creative so that shouldnt be too bad...

ideas? Looking to spend like 60-100 possibly...

Logitech Z-2300's. I know they retail for $149 but you should be able to find a good deal for them and no 2.1 system is more highly recommended.

oC|-TiTaN said:
Logitech Z-2300's. I know they retail for $149 but you should be able to find a good deal for them and no 2.1 system is more highly recommended.

more than the klipsch?

Hehe; clearly the best as a bunch of people say so on cnet:) Half the reviews on cnet claim the promedia 2.1s better.

Hell; i usually point people to the mx5021 for remote controlpod/better sats myself (slightly smaller sub also). Blanket statements are bad in most cases.

Originally Posted by oC|-TiTaN

I haven't heard the Altecs but between the Klipsch and the Logitech I have heard I had to choose the Klipsch it sounds much more vibrant and more the full range without distortion... and the bass is so clear to me.... but hey i'm not an audiophile...

I would say that between the 2300 and 2.1 - I feel that the 2.1 is a better all-around performer.

I think there is one for sale in one of the home theater forums (hometheaterforum.com, hometheaterspot.com, or avsforum.com).. one of those has a 2.1 for sale (in perfect condition) for about $60... shipped.

I think it boils down to which one you can find the lowest. The z-2300s' retail were selling for $45 and 50$ AR for a while on Dell and Buy.com. If one of those deals come up again, I'd say definitely go for the Logitechs. The prices that the posts above listed are great prices for the Klipshe's too, so I think it really depends on which set you can find for lowest, since both are great.

Back