Gonna Play Oblivion, what mods should i get?

dogbyte_13

[H]ard|Gawd
I am getting Oblivion since i have always wanted to play it and i need some advice. So far i am looking a texture packs to improve the graphic and have only found 1 but it doesn't mention that it overhauls shivering isles, also i was debating between ENB and Oblivion Graphics Extender. I don't want to add alot of mods just key ones that will make the experience that much better. Thanks in advance for any input.

All of them.

There is some truth to this.

However, there are some pretty good overhauls especially in the graphics department, several ENB etc.

Also

Unofficial Patch
Character Overhaul
Natural Environments
Unique Landscapes
Better Cities
Midas Magic

I also always recommend Obscuros Oblivion Overhaul.

Watch out, if you're expecting a Skyrim-like experience you'll be disappointed.

Im aware of that, i have been watching some videos and it reminds me of Advanced Dungeons and Dragons which i like.

I think you're first time through Oblivion should be with the vanilla experience with only the unofficial patches applied. If you have to, then graphics and model mods are not out of the question. If you do body replacements, remember that you need armor/clothes replacements to go with them.
I also always recommend Obscuros Oblivion Overhaul.
*Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul
Unique Landscapes is out-of-this-world. It adds a lot of character to the environment.

If you have the stomach for it, go all-out with FCOM. Be warned that it took me a good solid week of tweaking and playing around with things before I actually got it to work properly the first time.

The two essential mods that come to mind are:

Darnified UI
Qarl's Texture Pack

I think you're first time through Oblivion should be with the vanilla experience with only the unofficial patches applied.
I wouldn't say it needs to be totally vanilla, but when it comes to gameplay-altering mods, players should understand what the problems are before they start bringing things in to try and fix them with mods.

I think Oblivion is a pretty broken game, but another person might really like the way it's set up.

I am getting Oblivion since i have always wanted to play it and i need some advice. So far i am looking a texture packs to improve the graphic and have only found 1 but it doesn't mention that it overhauls shivering isles, also i was debating between ENB and Oblivion Graphics Extender. I don't want to add alot of mods just key ones that will make the experience that much better. Thanks in advance for any input.

With the setup in your sig you should be able to run AEVWD (used to be called Everything Viewable from a Distance). If you love immersion then nothing makes the game more immersive than seeing all the way to the horizon (instead of a foggy haze). I haven't played Oblivion in years but I always made sure to have have this mod installed. Sure made my 5870 cry tho.

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/20053/?

Whatever mod pack you decide to use, HAVE PATIENCE. Getting them setup can take way longer than expected, even with easy installers. Put up with it, get everything perfect, then start your game.

Haha, yeah get FCOM for the overhauling experience. I'm done with Oblivion forever. I'll only come back to Morrowind and Skyrim though.

If you have the stomach for it, go all-out with FCOM. Be warned that it took me a good solid week of tweaking and playing around with things before I actually got it to work properly the first time.

And that's why I don't like mods. I don't have time to tweak and fiddle around for weeks or even hours. Either give me a simple installation AIO, or leave me alone. That's my open message to all modders out there.

Imho

Qarl's Texture Pack
Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul
The official and unofficial patches and that's it.

Once your sure the game is working properly with those, then you can mess around with some beautifying mods. I think I did the lanterns or something like that.
It's endless.

Back