gonna buy xbox 360 and im a total newb :P

Digital Viper-X-

[H]F Junkie
well what do I need to know ^^ what console gives me a benefit over the other
what im looking for really is HDMI out and if possible optical output.

looking at the arcade console with the $20 upgrade for a 20gb hd, but what does the elite or premium have over these

as far as i know they all have hdmi output. maybe not for the arcade but don't quote me on that one. i would just go with the twenty gig or 60 gig(if they are out yet) 2gb upgrade with arcade is not enough space really

It has HDMI, but the arcade cables don't come with optical output. For that you'll either need to buy the adaptor that comes with the elite or get hold of the cables that come with the premium and mod them.

Like this: http://www.chadledford.com/?p=50

Arcade + 20 gig hard drive for what.. 20 bucks from MS?

I'd get that and spend the other cash on games.

can i use any sata 2.5" drive?

Hmmm the arcade is 199 the pro/premium is 269 for 20 and 299 for 60 and elite is 399

so with that trick I can just use the standard hdmi adapter thing with the modified case to get optical out?

Arcade + 20 gig hard drive for what.. 20 bucks from MS?

I'd get that and spend the other cash on games.

I read elsewhere that the core system qualifies for the 20gb for $20 and the arcade for $30. But I have also read that only the older arcades apply as well so we will need more confirmation on this.

can i use any sata 2.5" drive?

so with that trick I can just use the standard hdmi adapter thing with the modified case to get optical out?
No,

Yes. It's not actually a HDMI adaptor, the HDMI port is on the back of the 360. But you plug the standard 360 cables in at the same time (after you've modded them, they wont fit if you haven't modded them). Or you buy the little dongle thingy.

I just logged into my ebay account and found that I have a 10% off coupon from ebay/paypal. So I combined it with the MS 30% off and bought a elite :D.

$400.00
$40.00(-10% paypal applied instantly)
--------------
$364.98 (what I paid today)
$120 (-30% MS cashback)
---------
$244.98 (after cashback)

Not a bad deal. Now I hope I actually can adjust to using a controller :eek:

Back