gonna be upgrading in a few months...have a question

haste

Supreme [H]ardness
I currently just have a cpu-only loop with an mcp655 and a mcr220 in a push/pull config with the push fans on a fan controller and the pull(low-speed) fans always on.

question i have is will my setup be good enough to cool an intel quad core cpu and tinker a little with overclocking it?

im currently running the rig in my sig and my cpu never even touches 40c under full load with my mcp655 on #2 speed.

i idle around 28-29c

and i wonder will my old apogee cpu block work with the new mounting systems? if i need a new cpu block, im willing to get one, since they are relatively inexpensive.

I used a similar setup (GTZ, 655, BIE 2.120, 7/16"), with great results on my overclocked Q6600. I think it will work great, results depending on wich block is used.

...are you talking i7?

I used a similar setup (GTZ, 655, BIE 2.120, 7/16"), with great results on my overclocked Q6600. I think it will work great, results depending on wich block is used.

...are you talking i7?

not sure yet. thats why im waiting a few months then decide which mobo/cpu combination to go with. hell, i might even end up AMD....who knows. i just wanted to make sure that my current watercooling setup would be sufficient.

what kind of temps were u getting on tat q6600 and how much was it o/ced?

You'd probably need a new block. But that setup should cool a quad just fine.

Haste266, you have an original Apogee CPU block? I'd think about upgrading the block. The pump and MCR220 should be good a a quad or an AMD quad as long as its a CPU only loop, but that block is getting kinda long in the tooth.

Haste266, you have an original Apogee CPU block? I'd think about upgrading the block. The pump and MCR220 should be good a a quad or an AMD quad as long as its a CPU only loop, but that block is getting kinda long in the tooth.

its an apogee gt. im just worried about having a compatible mounting plate for a 1366 system if i go that way. and i havent seen any 1366 compatible water blocks for sale yet either.

Back