gonna be upgrading in a few months...have a question

Haste266

Supreme [H]ardness
I currently just have a cpu-only loop with an mcp655 and a mcr220 in a push/pull config with the push fans on a fan controller and the pull(low-speed) fans always on.

question i have is will my setup be good enough to cool an intel quad core cpu and tinker a little with overclocking it?

im currently running the rig in my sig and my cpu never even touches 40c under full load with my mcp655 on #2 speed.

i idle around 28-29c

and i wonder will my old apogee cpu block work with the new mounting systems? if i need a new cpu block, im willing to get one, since they are relatively inexpensive.

ATLPIMP

[H]ard|Gawd
I used a similar setup (GTZ, 655, BIE 2.120, 7/16"), with great results on my overclocked Q6600. I think it will work great, results depending on wich block is used.

...are you talking i7?

Haste266

Supreme [H]ardness
I used a similar setup (GTZ, 655, BIE 2.120, 7/16"), with great results on my overclocked Q6600. I think it will work great, results depending on wich block is used.

...are you talking i7?

not sure yet. thats why im waiting a few months then decide which mobo/cpu combination to go with. hell, i might even end up AMD....who knows. i just wanted to make sure that my current watercooling setup would be sufficient.

what kind of temps were u getting on tat q6600 and how much was it o/ced?

Riccochet

Fully [H]
You'd probably need a new block. But that setup should cool a quad just fine.

MrE

2[H]4U
Haste266, you have an original Apogee CPU block? I'd think about upgrading the block. The pump and MCR220 should be good a a quad or an AMD quad as long as its a CPU only loop, but that block is getting kinda long in the tooth.

Haste266

Supreme [H]ardness
Haste266, you have an original Apogee CPU block? I'd think about upgrading the block. The pump and MCR220 should be good a a quad or an AMD quad as long as its a CPU only loop, but that block is getting kinda long in the tooth.

its an apogee gt. im just worried about having a compatible mounting plate for a 1366 system if i go that way. and i havent seen any 1366 compatible water blocks for sale yet either.