Goldeneye 007 (Xbox One/Series X|S & Nintendo Switch)

Armenius

Extremely [H]
Information coming out may point to an imminent release of the Xbox 360 Goldeneye 007 port that made a public leak last year, updated for current consoles. The game may release during the Microsoft game showcase this weekend (June 12) or shortly thereafter. Possibility of a PC release is unknown, but posting in General in case there will be.

Achievements have been posted and updated:
https://www.trueachievements.com/n49880/goldeneye-007-remaster-achievements-rare

Rare employee is unlocking achievements like mad recently:
https://www.trueachievements.com/game/GoldenEye-007/achievements?gamerid=10690

Game info hub is viewable on Xbox website (requires sign-in):
https://account.xbox.com/en-US/game...QsTCUG75oty3VrmZnPhuUHqrnRFcao1&wa=wsignin1.0

Rumor of release a few months back:
https://www.videogameschronicle.com...e-revealed-in-the-next-few-weeks-its-claimed/

Will definitely be cool to play the campaign again finally. And maybe a few rounds of multiplayer with the kids before going back to Perfect Dark that's better in every way.

This would be awesome! Just needs to ship with original N64 controllers as well!

This would be awesome! Just needs to ship with original N64 controllers as well!
This is exactly what I wouldn't want. I love GoldenEye. I would have replayed it numerous times by now however I cannot get over the single thumb stick for aiming and moving. I'd hope that they update it to use two joysticks or if they want to remake original controllers have an option to play with them or something newer.

Also this makes me sad since I ditched Xbox a while ago. I likely wouldn't buy one for one game but this is the first time in a long time that I've even had that thought. Damn you nostalgia.

This is exactly what I wouldn't want. I love GoldenEye. I would have replayed it numerous times by now however I cannot get over the single thumb stick for aiming and moving. I'd hope that they update it to use two joysticks or if they want to remake original controllers have an option to play with them or something newer.

Also this makes me sad since I ditched Xbox a while ago. I likely wouldn't buy one for one game but this is the first time in a long time that I've even had that thought. Damn you nostalgia.

Goldeneye actually natively supported dual analog sticks for moving and aiming/looking.. using two separate controllers at once. I'm pretty sure they updated Perfect Dark on XBLA to better support dual sticks too, at least I don't remember having any issue with it not being analog for looking/aiming or strafing.

The game hasn't been revealed yet, but the resurfacing of a trailer for a documentary about it is further reinforcing that it may be coming soon. IGN and other gaming outlets posted it to their respective channels today with a release date for the film set for this year.

https://goldenerafilm.com/

There was some bond game for PC before,I even played it and it wasn't that bad, i think it's a nightfire.
I remember it was pretty fun for me.
They could make a new one for PC, bond games haven't been on pc for long if I'm not mistaken.

Pretty weird way to release a game. I'm sure a lot of those who were interested in it have already played it. Would have been great a decade ago.

As much as I loved Goldeneye 007 on the N64, Perfect dark was basically the same game (from a gameplay perspective) and better in every single way.

and Perfect Dark has been on XBLA in 1080P with upgraded assets since the Xbox360.

I could go on about how Perfect Dark was way, WAY ahead of its time, but unfortunately not many have played it due to being launched literally months from the PS2 release.

ConsciousImportantBullfrog-size_restricted.gif

I can't believe it's actually being released after all these years... I hope "Limited Run" does a special physical copy of this game like they did with Doom 64.

Last edited:
Goldeneye again? They really need to move on and give us a Die Another Day game already.

Looks like this is an upscaled version of the N64 game rather than the rebuilt XBLA version that was leaked earlier this year. This just keeps getting worse...

It might have been a while since you played it on the N64, but these screenshots are not simply "upscaled". The original is nearly impossible to play and I don't know how my young eyes did it.

In the Egyptian level, for instance, I can't even SEE a location (because of distance) that I used to kill people at all the time. It's crazy, considering we used to play 4 player on a 26" screen.

It might have been a while since you played it on the N64, but these screenshots are not simply "upscaled". The original is nearly impossible to play and I don't know how my young eyes did it.
Armenius is talking about how this version is literally just a N64 port and not the "remake" that leaked online they developed long ago for Xbox Live Arcade. I mean what we are getting has all the original textures and weapon models whereas the remake as seen below was an actual remake of the original but was still true to the original with updated models and textures and a little more detail.

In the Egyptian level, for instance, I can't even SEE a location (because of distance) that I used to kill people at all the time. It's crazy, considering we used to play 4 player on a 26" screen.
The original ran at 480i resolution and was able to run in 16:9 aspect ratio originally. The textures are exactly the same. They might have actually not been upscaled, just had filtering applied.

1663187467299.png

The original ran at 480i resolution and was able to run in 16:9 aspect ratio originally. The textures are exactly the same. They might have actually not been upscaled, just had filtering applied.

View attachment 510171

The original ran at 240i, not 480i. That was Perfect Dark that was capable of running at 480i and only IF you have an expansion memory pack.

I think it'll still be fun to play this again however why the fuck is online play limited to Nintendo Switch of all places is beyond me. Local multiplayer if still a thing could be cool, but I really hope that only multiplayer comes to Xbox eventually too and is only timed on Switch.

I think it'll still be fun to play this again however why the fuck is online play limited to Nintendo Switch of all places is beyond me. Local multiplayer if still a thing could be cool, but I really hope that only multiplayer comes to Xbox eventually too and is only timed on Switch.
Since it looks like this is just the N64 version, the Switch has a an official hack that allows online play in splitscreen. The Xbox doesn't have an equivalent.

I was never huge into Goldeneye, but I had friends/roommates that loved it. From what I recall, the game was unbalanced as all hell and they played with all sorts of "house rules" to make it a better experience. If they have online play, is it going to devolve into a total mess?

I was never huge into Goldeneye, but I had friends/roommates that loved it. From what I recall, the game was unbalanced as all hell and they played with all sorts of "house rules" to make it a better experience. If they have online play, is it going to devolve into a total mess?

Nah. If you actually understand how to aim properly, disposing of Oddjob isn't difficult to do. It's easier to land headshots on him than the other characters.

All this "New" version is, is BEAN from the Goldeneye Xbox360 development. Ive already played it, its the exact same game as the original Goldeneye but with updated Xbox 360 era textures.

As for the 2022 version of the Series X, it looks exactly like what you would see if you emulated it. Emulation can upscale the 3D textures but the 2D aren't upscaled. It is what it is.

The original ran at 240i, not 480i. That was Perfect Dark that was capable of running at 480i and only IF you have an expansion memory pack.
N64 was 240p or 480i; I didn't play n64 enough to have memories of if one mode was much better than the other; most of the next generation systems could do 480p which is noticably better (when the system can keep up)

N64 was 240p or 480i; I didn't play n64 enough to have memories of if one mode was much better than the other; most of the next generation systems could do 480p which is noticably better (when the system can keep up)

You're wrong. The N64 can only output 240p with a complicated RGB hardware mod........
*facepalm*

You're wrong. The N64 can only output 240p with a complicated RGB hardware mod........
*facepalm*
Well, we can go back and forth on this, but regular NTSC tvs can only display 480i and 240p, 8-bit systems pretty much do 240p, 16-bit and beyond can do either (although 480i is rare in 16-bit), until they got good. NTSC is 60 fields per second, 240 display lines per field, if you run them with even and odd fields (like normal broadcast tv), it's 480i, if you run them all even or all odd, it's 240p. 240i would be interlaced 120 line fields.

Well, we can go back and forth on this, but regular NTSC tvs can only display 480i and 240p, 8-bit systems pretty much do 240p, 16-bit and beyond can do either (although 480i is rare in 16-bit), until they got good. NTSC is 60 fields per second, 240 display lines per field, if you run them with even and odd fields (like normal broadcast tv), it's 480i, if you run them all even or all odd, it's 240p. 240i would be interlaced 120 line fields.

N64 240 resolution games are clearly interlaced. This can easily be confirmed by using a monitor with A/V inputs, or via a PC capture card.

The game launches tomorrow on Xbox consoles. May be the same for the Switch. It's included with Game Pass.

Well, they could have at least put a clip so we can see what it really looks like, the worst trailer I've ever seen.
So nothing for PC? The nightfire from 2002 was good.
If they were made for PC, I would probably buy it if it wasn't very demanding in terms of hardware.

Back