Golden Ear Aon 3's Amazing!

UMASS

Gawd
I picked up a pair of these while I bought a 4K Sony 55" TV (850C) They were too expensive to buy new. But the salesperson said "I'll let you have then for $250.00 for the store demo" I couldn't resist. I ask if I didn't like them @ home if I could return them. He said "no problem" They're in perfect condition.

Ok...They are large on any desktop. I'm lucky I have a 72" width desk. I have them running thru an older Marantz 5.1 receiver via optical with OB 1150 soundcard. Stunning sound! I don't need a sub @ the moment. I'm going to ditch my Cambridge Audio Minx 2.1 set-up.

These are truly wonderful speakers & I've owned plenty (Boston Acoustics, Klipsch, PSB etc.) Gaming with these are really different then what I'm use to. Really never heard of the name "Golden Ear" but if any of you have a chance to audition them, take the time. The tweeter is simply amazing!

Aon Series | GoldenEar Technology | A Passion for Sonic Perfection

Good for you, I've never heard of that brand before either. I use Energy RC1 speakers ($450 CAD) and Energy 8" sub ($400 CAD) connected to Onkyo receiver via analog from X-fi soundcard. Sound is good and these speakers are perfect size for desktop use.

The design looks sound so they may actually be nice. Never heard of the brand though.

GE's are both loved and despised by the audiophile community. Very nice, but I'd personally use them more for home theater than desktop use. They really are meant for higher powered applications.

Look neat. Might hit up Parts Express and see how much it is to make something similar. Thx!

I'm using this older Marantz SR-4600 receiver (in Silver) here:

http://us.marantz.com/DocumentMaster/US/SR4600specsheet0506.pdf

It's fine in low-powered usage with games. The tweeter is simply amazing! I hear more from this set-up then any other (PSB B4's w/ NAD D3020 hybrid amp) It's designed for rear 5.1, but they really work in a 2.0 desktop scenario. I own a Mordaunt-Short Aviano 7 subwoofer & I think I'll hook it up over the weekend. I bought he Marantz receiver years ago (@ least 7+) from the same place I just purchased my current 4K TV (State Street Discount in Portsmouth, NH) & speakers. I live in Mass & I can side-step the tax. I this small dealer! Also bought my NHT ST4 towers from them for my music set-up. These are keepers. I can't se switching them out for a long time.

Back