Going X-Fire...Which 6870 do I go after and why?

Wickedout2011

Weaksauce
First of all thanks for everyone's help. I'm very happy I found this site. It's been very helpful.

I do want another 6870 so I can have X-Fire. As you make suggestions for me please do not include XFX since I already have one in my rig. I want something different.

Shoot away with your suggestions! Thanks again!

Why not xfx? i know you can mix and match... i see nothing wrong with xfx their warranty rocks...
If you want variety (for some weird reason) get whatever matches the specs of your current card and is cheapest. if you are running xfire there is no difference in cards they will perform identically.

Why would you want a different card? If you are buying new anyway, I do not think it is worth opening that can of worms tbh.

You don't want a card from a mfg that makes your resell investment much much more?

I sold a 4890 from XFX in about 15 minutes, why? Because the added benefit of a lifetime
warranty for the 2nd owner = cash money in the bank, no worry about shitty cards.

Its worth it, don't ignore it, buy a 2nd XFX.

I'd get the dual fan XFX as the single fan XFX cards are LOUD.

Or the Gigabyte Tri-fan is nice, but it's 12" long.

Get a second XFX but just as mentioned in the post before, seek one with a better cooler on it.

Why is it that you don't want an XFX 6870 to match what you have? Maybe that's what we should be talking about here. Maybe it's something we can help you fix.

If you can find it, and don't mind mixing cards, I would go with the MSI R6870 Hawk. It runs better components on the board and has the same Twin Frozr III cooler that my R6970 has, which is super quiet and keeps my cards totally cool (even in xFire)

Back