Going to Vancouver, what heatsink should I buy?

Gawd
Well, on saturday I'll be taking a trip down to Vancouver, I figure I might as well pick up a heatsink.

I've got a barton 2500+ and I'm running it with the stock HSF. I've got a couple extra case fans added. It's running at an 11.0 multiplier with a 215 fsb for an effective clock of 2150 mhz. Hitting around 62 C full load. (I have it at 1.7 vcore now)

I hope to hit the sweetspot of 2400 mhz that lots seem to be hitting.

I will probably be going to Atic (www.atic.ca) and ncix (www.ncix.com)

I plan to spend around 30$-40$ or so. I have Artic Silver. Could someone make a recomendation? I would prefer to keep it fairly quite. (Not ultra ultra quite, but not ultra ultra loud)

Thank you very much!

Thermalright makes the best HS in my opinion. I've owned an SLK-800A and an SLK-900A and loved them both. Next one is an XP-120 for my new A64. The SLK-800A would fit your needs just fine.
As an alternative the Thermaltake Silent Boost would work, but it's forte is quiet, not as much O/C as the Thermalright. "Course with the Thermalright you still have to have a fan, but you say you have those.

Those are the only two 'sinks I would recommend in your price range. The other Thermalrights are way outside your budget.

Oh...by the way...that Themaltake is a loud bastah at full rpm. I shop at www.anitec.ca and NCIX as wellas ATIC....mostly at anitec though.....

sorry for the hijack,but when you say DOWN to vancouver, what part of bc are you in? kelowna myself

NCIX has awesome customer service, which I keep hearing that Atic lacks. I've ordered a bunch of stuff from Vibe, and they've always been good too. I've also made a nice big order from Bigfoot (Toronto), with good results.

I'm a Victoria guy myself. ;) I'm in Calgary this summer for a job, but I'll be moving back home at the end of August...if the Island doesn't sink first. :eek:

I've also been looking at NTCW for a while, and they seem to carry stuff that other people don't, and the prices seem pretty good.

Back