Going to get the Z5500 for a future build but don't know which sound card to pick

My current choices are the Creative X-fi Xtremegamer (one with Xram but no front control panel) and the soon-to-come-out Auzen X-Meridian. Yes, I know that the X-Meridian will kick Creative's butt in sound quality because it's digital. However, based on the reviews of the X-mystique and X-plosion, these cards are mostly for HTPCs and not for gaming. It lacks the more advanced EAX support but makes up for it by giving better sound. Is the EAX advanced HD really necessary for games or is digital more important? I'm coming from integrated sound so anything will be better.

Make the topik name something like "To buy X-Fi sound blaster?", you will get more accurate responce!

Isn't the Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty, the true gaming card? XRam as i know is only on X-Fi Elite Pro and X-Fi Fatal1ty.
I'm also thinking of buying an X-Fi Fatal1ty, but i am scared they will be putting a biger xram card next year out (from 64 to 128 audio ram?)? Does someone know something about that?

Back