Going to dive in a build a "Affordable" dual 2011-3 pc, PLEASE i need help with mobo choice

newls1

Supreme [H]ardness
Good morning people! I'm currently using a Xeon E5 2658 V3 ES processor @ 2.3ghz x12cores and really enjoy the threading ability of this CHEAP CPU! Im entertaining the idea of going with a *DUAL CPU* 2011-3 setup for the reason of "JUST CAUSE" but certainly cant afford a 350$+ Motherboard for this project. What im needing in a motherboard and what I need your advice on is motherboard choice???? Here are my *NEEDS* for a motherboard for this project
1. will support 2 E5 2658 v3 ES cpus @ 2.3ghz
2. will support regular ddr4 ram
3. full pcie 3.0 x16 slot for a single gpu
4. either a m.2 pcie x4 3.0 slot OR pcie 3.0 x4 slot on motherboard so i can attach my m.2 on a pcie riser card.

think thats it...... Please help me search for this board. I have never built a dual cpu setup and think it would be alot of fun. I appreciate any feedback you can help me with!

So I'm not 100% sure, but I do believe that to run dual xeons you need to use ECC for it.

I have a 2x2697v2 setup that won't post without ecc, but that is ivy vs haswell.

Also the boards you linked only show ECC registered memory on the Qualified Vendor list for memory.

My 2xe5-2697 v2 works with non ecc RAM, it is in a Z9pE-d8 but in v3 and v4 systems I have used registered ecc RAM. Mobos I've used are asus Z10PE-D8 and Z10PA-D8.

The supermicro you linked is also a good choice.

Good morning people! I'm currently using a Xeon E5 2658 V3 ES processor @ 2.3ghz x12cores and really enjoy the threading ability of this CHEAP CPU! Im entertaining the idea of going with a *DUAL CPU* 2011-3 setup for the reason of "JUST CAUSE" but certainly cant afford a 350$+ Motherboard for this project. What im needing in a motherboard and what I need your advice on is motherboard choice???? Here are my *NEEDS* for a motherboard for this project
1. will support 2 E5 2658 v3 ES cpus @ 2.3ghz
2. will support regular ddr4 ram
3. full pcie 3.0 x16 slot for a single gpu
4. either a m.2 pcie x4 3.0 slot OR pcie 3.0 x4 slot on motherboard so i can attach my m.2 on a pcie riser card.

think thats it...... Please help me search for this board. I have never built a dual cpu setup and think it would be alot of fun. I appreciate any feedback you can help me with!
The number one thing to do is find a Dual Processor Mainboard that supports @ least 1 [if not 2] M.2 Socket 3 such as the ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS. At this time there are not many MFGR's of Dual Processor Boards supporting the M.2; ASUS & GIGABYTE. If you purchase a board supporting M.2 then you will be five steps ahead of the game. I operate the ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS & the M.2 support puts me head and shoulders above others.

Ok, update and need y'alls help please! Purchasing these ES cpus 2658 v3's ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Intel-Xe...084685b57979e7ab1ac82a&pid=100506&rk=1&rkt=1& ) will they work with this motherboard ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157606&ignorebbr=1 ) ?? Im trying to understand if ES cpu's will infact work with each other. I can purchase that MATCHED PAIR of cpus above, but I have a E5 2658 v3 cpu here in another pc but if I was to get 1 more cpu (which would save a nice amount of money) Its not a matched pair at that point and not sure if they will work with each other... see what im trying to say? and input would be SO APPRECIATIVE!

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back