Going SLI: Abit AN8 32X or just regular AN8?

MiG29TangentBoy

Limp Gawd
OK, finally going SLI with two EVGA 7800GTs...I've narrowed it down to either of those Abit boards: Is it worth the extra money to get the 32X over the regular one? I'm looking at the features and both seem good for overclocking my Opteron 165...but I'm not sure if the 32X is overkill for the cards I'm using. Advice is appreciated. Thanks! :D

true 16x lanes not 8x8 will allow better performance with 2 7950gx2s i dont know if it will make any dif with 7800gts, i remember first talks were that with the 7800 series and lower the 8x lanes werent being used anyways..

id get a DFI sli-dr but that is just me

I owned and used both the DFI SLI-DR and the Abit AN8-32X. I absolutely loved the Abit. I would personally recommend the AN8-32X. Very solid, stable board. The uGuru feature is absolutely the best, too.

Shawn

Like Shawn above I too sold my DFI SLI-DR & bought the AN8 32X & don't regret it.
Whilst there is no intrinsic performance advantage from the 2x x16 over the 2x x8 the AN8 32X is a better board than the plain AN8 SLI (which was also discontinued a while ago & hence may be harder to find). The only advantage of that over the AN8 32X is that it allows a higher Vdimm than the 3.2V on the AN8 32X.

Back