Going out of Business??

Depends on what you are looking for, slickdeals.net usually flags the big ones. Furniture stores are always going out of business 😉 euphemism for a name change every year.

In short, no. As mentioned, slickdeals.net will often catch wind of any online closing sales. You can also look for liquidators or auctions in your area. For example my home town has https://www.commercialindustrialauctions.com/ which will go into closing businesses and auction everything off. In the past you have been able to bid online but they don't ship anything.

How about this one?

https://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/gsaauctions/

Some interesting stuff there.

A great deal of that is gov surplus that's being cycled out and replaced, you always need to be aware that the listing company is not in contact with the maintance crews and so a lot of things aren't disclosed. A better option is www.govdeals.com which is pretty much the same thing but with smaller items as well, again be aware with vehicles there's a pretty good chance they've been rode hard and put away wet.

That being said you can snag a good deal here and there, we've bought a truck with a blown motor off of govdeals (pre-covid times) for basically a song and we already had an engine so put together a great towing rig for basically nothing except the cost of going and dragging the truck back home.

A great deal of that is gov surplus that's being cycled out and replaced, you always need to be aware that the listing company is not in contact with the maintance crews and so a lot of things aren't disclosed. A better option is www.govdeals.com which is pretty much the same thing but with smaller items as well, again be aware with vehicles there's a pretty good chance they've been rode hard and put away wet.

That being said you can snag a good deal here and there, we've bought a truck with a blown motor off of govdeals (pre-covid times) for basically a song and we already had an engine so put together a great towing rig for basically nothing except the cost of going and dragging the truck back home.
I can't even begin to describe how disappointed I am that Tanks were water and gas tanks instead of tracked armored vehicles.

I can't even begin to describe how disappointed I am that Tanks were water and gas tanks instead of tracked armored vehicles.
Honestly, there's usually some pretty serious former military gear on there. I've seen a few helicopters and non-armored personnel carriers / trucks, and Marine patrol / Coast Guard boats, etc...

Some of the better military stuff is now also handled by Ritchie Brothers.... https://www.govplanet.com/

That is where you get the Humvees, TQG (tactical quiet generators), tents, and a ton of other stuff, including a lot of civilian stuff. As mentioned before though, often times history is usually not known and you really need to know what you are looking at/for.

I think it’s still okay to describe rugs. To describe people it’s long been offensive. It’s still a classic Almost Live segment.
Used to love that show. Growing up in BC we got all the local Washington state channels. It had a skit called bill nye the science guy. He kept the same stupid skit outfit but now plays a professional scientist shill. Once an actor... :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the site! Yeah I am definitely in need of some steal deals because I'm not exactly banking money anytime soon. Really appreciate it, am booking it and will check it out!

electronics ;)

no rugs or furniture
Some of the best places are those that are offline since people don't know about them--local auction houses, estate sales and the like. Craigslist and the like is also a good place as well as freecycle.

Back