Going from Desktop to Laptop.

Mikerocks2112

Limp Gawd
So I have decided to take a break from PC gaming. As a college student, it's just too much to keep up with the latest and greatest.

All I need is something powerful enough to run Reaver/Pro Tools recording software. I'll probably do some light gaming (Starcraft, BBC2), but I don't want a hardcore gaming laptop.

With that said, I want to take advantage of the Xbox 360 deal going on.

I would prefer Amazon, so tell me which one you would purchase from the link below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...d_t=201&pf_rd_p=1313108702&pf_rd_i=B004ZOD8LU

I also have a corporate discount with Lenovo. I don't think Lenovo is offering the 360 deal though.

Let me know what you guys think!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
What screen size are you looking for?
Is there a resolution you would like the screen to be natively?
Budget?

I would like to keep it under a grand. Screen size 15.4 max. As for resolution I don't mind too much since it will be plugged in 80% of the time to a nice monitor.

Dell is also offering the free xbox360. Most BB stores have stopped doing it.

Out of your preference for amazon and the deal, out of the list i would go for Acer Aspire TimelineX AS3830TG-6431 13.3-Inch Laptop, its a nice small laptop, to me ideal for collage, it even comes with Nvidia GT540 optimus, which should be enough to handle SC2 in mid settings and BFBC2 in mid to low, i think its a good deal for $750, the only weakness i see on it its its hdd, i would probably update it to an ssd like Crucial 128 GB m4 SATA 6Gb/s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive CT128M4SSD2, you should still be with in your $1k target budget. If you wish you could even buy an MSI Coolmax External Enclosure with SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Connection HD-250TN-U3 (Silver) and use the 500GB included hdd for external storage / backups.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back