Going from 5.1 to 2.1. Recommendations?

davidtran007

[H]ard|Gawd
Not much of an audiophile. Looking to downgrade from a 5.1 setup to 2.1 mainly due to space and all these wires.

I had Logitech Z5500's before but gave them away. Now I am currently using these Sony HT-IS100. I had originally bought these for my TV but ended up using them for my PC as well.

Main usage would be for movies, games, and music. Would like to pair it with my TV once in awhile as well. I am also using onboard sound, not sure if I should change that?

Looking to spend probably no more than $200. I am currently looking at Swan M10 and the Corsair SP2500. I've searched past similar threads but still can't come up with a choice. Most of them seem to recommend buying a separate sub and bookshelf speakers. I rather not go that route and buy a whole complete set that fits with my daily usage.

Any input on the models I've listed or recommendations for other sets would gladly be appreciated. Thanks!

those should work... unless you go used or dont go with a sub (doable for nearfield with the right bookshelves) id say about $250 would be a minimum for a seperates setup.

get a source selector to use it with your tv.

Thanks. I might not even want a Subwoofer now to save even more space but I do listen to a lot off bass heavy hip hop music so I'm still undecided on 2.0 or 2.1. I looked at AudioEngines before in the past but they are still too expensive. I was on the Swan website and saw the D1010MKII 08 and D1080MKII 08 which caught my eye. So I will add those to my list too.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Get a used receiver.
2. Look into the Behringer 2030p

Back