Goin to South Korea to purchase a 1440 monitor?

Empty Red

n00b
Does anyone have experience with buying one of the budget 2560 x 1440 monitors while actually in South Korea? I'm going there in September to visit family and am curious as to whether it is a good idea to pick one up while I'm there. Do they sell these monitor in their stores? Are they cheaper? How hard is it to get the monitor back to the states? Perhaps there are brands that aren't sold on ebay that are much better than the ones that are? Any information would be much appreciated.

There is free trade between Korea and US. If I were you I would first go to fedex at korea, check their pricing to ship monitors to the states and then add that to the price of the monitor. You may be better of buying it over there ( make sure to get a switchable power supply) and shipping it to yourself than actually carrying one or two if them in the airplane with you.

you can carry it onboard the plane. i've brought electronics back and forth without problems.

I don't think so. The boxes are fairly compact - they would fit in the overhead I think. Some of them have nice handles too.

I've noticed that the boxes for Korean 27" are pretty compact. Barely larger than the monitor itself, since the Korean 27" monitors are often only as thin as laptop LCD's

I've noticed that the boxes for Korean 27" are pretty compact. Barely larger than the monitor itself, since the Korean 27" monitors are often only as thin as laptop LCD's

It would be very tricky to get on to a plane. It's larger than what is allowed normally for carryons, as the box is 65cm x 45cm, although it is only ~12cm thick. The thinness is there, but the box itself is noticeably large. It *looks* big from any angle except edge on.

Back