[GOG] The Elder Scrolls: Arena and Daggerfall (free till 6/16)

You do realize that both Arena and Daggerfall can be had for free whenever and wherever, yes? Arena was made free in 2004, Daggerfall in 2009. You can download them both directly from Bethesda.

You do realize that both Arena and Daggerfall can be had for free whenever and wherever, yes? Arena was made free in 2004, Daggerfall in 2009. You can download them both directly from Bethesda.
I was under the impression that the GOG bundle was a slightly different version of the game when I first skimmed over this:

1655318036167.png

It says "special GOG Cut of the Daggerfall Unity title". But, could just be word salad. :D Do we think it's just the same thing as the base game + mod, only repackaged for the GOG storefront?

I was under the impression that the GOG bundle was a slightly different version of the game when I first skimmed over this:

View attachment 483301

It says "special GOG Cut of the Daggerfall Unity title". But, could just be word salad. :D Do we think it's just the same thing as the base game + mod, only repackaged for the GOG storefront?
Daggerfall Unity is a separate thing and it's free, regardless. The Unity version takes some work to get working, from what I understand. The package on GOG just makes it easier to jump in and play it.

Wasn't aware of what Bethesda offered directly, however Arena and Daggerfall weren't previously free on GOG.

Unity is a free mod that upgrades the graphics. GOG packaged it together with Daggerfall as a single executable/easier to install.

How did I not know about this link until your post? Thank you, I just redeemed 31 free games I didn't even know where free.

You didn't read the GoG newsletter obviously :p

It's also always been hidden in plain site at the bottom of the page(s) on GoG, I found out about it last year from a newsletter and then just started noticing the link everywhere.

Back