GOG pits StarDock vs Paradox in a weekend sale.

cageymaru

Fully [H]
GoG has a myriad of titles from StarDock and Paradox on sale for the weekend. Some really great strategy games to be had for a great price!
GOG.com

Lot more titles here on sale Gog.
Games on GOG.com

Reactions: Yakk
like this
Do any of these games stand out as being well worth playing through? I have heard good things about Sins-OASR and Fallen Enchantress, and thought about Pillars as well, but if I was just to pick one, which should I snag?

All of the games can be found on Steam so you can read reviews. Each of those games is so different from each other there is no way to determine which is better than the other. Each is a great game within it's genre. Might want to watch a few mins of a Let's Play on Youtube to see if you might enjoy the genre. If you like the genre after watching a Let's Play, then those games that you listed are some of the best examples to play.

Paradox was the best relational database for DOS - love them tilde variables! (3.X, 4.0 not so much)

Do any of these games stand out as being well worth playing through? I have heard good things about Sins-OASR and Fallen Enchantress, and thought about Pillars as well, but if I was just to pick one, which should I snag?
Baldurs Gate 1 & 2 and IceWind Dale (ignore the recent expansion to BG2) are totally worth the money.
Star Control I & II are both very good games. Though very old.
Gal Civ II Ultimate is probably the best $5 you can spend.

If anyone is interested in Star Control 2, I'd recommend downloading The Ur-Quan Masters instead.

Back