GOG.com Insomnia Sale (new deals every few minutes)

They're also giving out free games in limited quantities, but it's basically impossible to get them.

how long is this going to run for?

They're doing 101 games, I think they're past the halfway point now.

I picked up The Real Texas for $2.99; haven't seen much else that I don't have that interests me except The Witcher 2. I was unsuccessful trying to snag Rayman Origins and I Have No Mouth But I Must Scream for free. Congrats to anyone that managed to get a freebie.

Maybe it was just a coincidence, but not an hour after I bought Tales from Monkey Island, Chase closed our Amazon Visa account and issued a new card due to 'suspected fraudulent charges.' Prior to that my wife received notification of an international charge.

All of the transactions check out, we didn't see any other charges that were unknown to us.

Oh well, my Amazon card was wearing out anyway...and I got Monkey Island for a great price.

Maybe it was just a coincidence, but not an hour after I bought Tales from Monkey Island, Chase closed our Amazon Visa account and issued a new card due to 'suspected fraudulent charges.' Prior to that my wife received notification of an international charge.

All of the transactions check out, we didn't see any other charges that were unknown to us.

Oh well, my Amazon card was wearing out anyway...and I got Monkey Island for a great price.

Hmm...

I used PayPal for my purchases yesterday, FWIW.

Hmm...

I used PayPal for my purchases yesterday, FWIW.

That's the thread I was looking for! I remember seeing that last week and immediately thought of it when this happened to me.

I should have used Paypal; I guess in my rush (for fear of losing the deal!) I missed the Paypal option.

Don't worry about missing a deal, almost all of them repeat. I missed one I wanted and about 3-4 hours later it was up again. Not a big fan of this type of sale, it's a big waste of time.

Don't worry about missing a deal, almost all of them repeat. I missed one I wanted and about 3-4 hours later it was up again. Not a big fan of this type of sale, it's a big waste of time.

I noticed some repeats, too. And besides that, between GOG and Steam and the Humble Bundles it's not like you won't see those games at those prices again.

Agreed; I prefer and typical sale format. Just mark the prices down and tell us when the sale ends.

They're also giving out free games in limited quantities, but it's basically impossible to get them.

It's not impossible, but pretty hard. I got Sacred Gold for free yesterday. They flash the freebies for a second or less. If you're quick and lucky you may get a freebie. I didn't know I got it until I received an email update from GOG that the game was added. Be sure you're logged in already.

Back