GoFundMe Homeless Vet Scammers Get Visit from Johnny Law

This guy will be dead in a year.

Who cares how he spends HIS money or lives his life.

Too many people worry about other people and not about themselves.

There are also FAR too many people that are "good people" but in their "minds only" that are only interested in their rules, for the good of themselves, not their fellow man.

I give money to people life this fairly often. I do not care if they buy booze or weed. At lease they get some comfort for a little bit of time or throughout the night. I've been told by friends and Family time and time again, "oh, they will just buy cigarettes and liquor if I give them anything!" .... too many good people but in thought only on top of too many judgemental people. That's the horrible reality of most people.

Hey you cut it out with your being rational and expecting due process. These people have been tried and convicted in the court of public opinion and we all know that's the highest court in the land :) .

Just like how it's ok for the government to preform warrentless searches and compel people to testify against themselves as long as they are accused of harming children; its also ok to seize peoples property without due proccess as long as they seem like scumbags. God didn't you learn anything from Law and Order.

You know because veterans and America and I have a daughter too and what if that happens to her....

Warrantless searches hmm?

Just what is a warrantless search anyway. There have always been times when a search either required a warrant, or didn't. There was never a time where a search always and without question required a warrant. Requiring a warrant is based on what circumstances conducting a search ... requires a warrant. So what is it that you think a warrantless search is? Is it some special case that normally would require a warrant but suddenly doesn't any more? Or is it the result in a change in the law?

When it comes to seizures of property or valuables, in general terms, the cops can seize property for four main reasons.

1. Safe Keeping
2. Forfeiture
3. Contraband
4. Evidence

The reason for the seizure will dictate when, or if, you will get your property back and impact how long it will take.

work in the way.

I hereby announce that I am starting a GoFundMe campaign to help this couple fight these charges. Send you money to C3K @gofundme, to the sub-account "C3K BAHAMA HOUSE". (I think they just make up these names.)

Our goal? Just $2,340,000,000.

Open your hearts.

Open your wallets.

Our fund deposit windows are open, as well.

Warrantless searches hmm?

Just what is a warrantless search anyway. There have always been times when a search either required a warrant, or didn't. There was never a time where a search always and without question required a warrant. Requiring a warrant is based on what circumstances conducting a search ... requires a warrant. So what is it that you think a warrantless search is? Is it some special case that normally would require a warrant but suddenly doesn't any more? Or is it the result in a change in the law?

When it comes to seizures of property or valuables, in general terms, the cops can seize property for four main reasons.

1. Safe Keeping
2. Forfeiture
3. Contraband
4. Evidence

The reason for the seizure will dictate when, or if, you will get your property back and impact how long it will take.

work in the way.

There was a case recently of seizure. A car dealer sold a customer a car for cash. Because of that the government thought the car dealer was in cahoots even though he abided by all the registration laws for large purchases. They seized part of his business. Even though he was proven innocent, Alabama NEVER returned his assets they seized, which is criminal inho.

https://www.splcenter.org/news/2018...set-forfeiture-—-guilty-until-proven-innocent

He went to court and sued their asses (As he should have) and it took years to recover his name. Now he has to sue the city for the value of his name and assets back.

Local manipulates by law should NOT be allowed to sell seized assets until all avenues of trail and defense have been used up. it just invites abuse to say to local LEO's, "Anything you take, you get to keep and sell off"

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...-sell-assets-even-when-the-owner-broke-no-law

700 people alone in Michigan lost their assets despite not being convicted

https://www.mackinac.org/aclu-and-m...-a-conviction-before-police-can-keep-property

Last edited by a moderator:
Because GoFundMe discloses their fees, and these other people solicit donations on the idea that all of it goes to the homeless dude.
So does the Red Cross, <insert video of hurricane blahblah> your donations can help these people... yet all of your money most definitely doesn't go to it. Look I'm not trying to defend these people, I'm just stating that they may not get as charged as people want since other charitable organizations pretty much have some "overhead" cost associated with them either, and they most certainly do not disclosing that information when you are clicking "donate" on a page sure maybe sites like GoFundMe does, but not every organization does and it's not illegal
That's why you ought to be contributing to charities like this: Semper Fi Fund and since you should check this site before you donate a cent to ANY charity:
You're missing the point I'm making, this isn't about being on top of where my charity dollars go, this is about how some charities can in fact not give all the money to what you as a person think the money is going to and it is not illegal. I mean think about all the "homeless" guys with signs saying "Hungry, need help" what if they don't spend 100% of the handouts they get on food? Is that illegal because you as a person thought it was all for food? I mean you could just as easily make sure the money you're donating goes to the guy by making sure it goes from GoFundMe to the guy, and not this couple who's working as an intermediary. They did give some of the money to the vet, now I'm not sure what the law states you must spend in charity instances but maybe they are able to argue "we needed a new car to ... whatever" or "we deserve compensation because we spent time on this" or whatever... bottom line is I am really unsure what law was broken, people claim wire fraud, but the vet did get some of the money, and my examples are cases where the charities gave "some of the money" to whatever the cause was and that's not illegal.

dumbfuck people keep donating to these fundmes.

So fucking generous with their dollars, yet they never think to donate to poverty stricken people overseas who actually work and deserve money more than this druggy piece of shit.

You're attacking the goodwill of mankind? Have you even looked at the donations? Most are just a few dollars. What do you care?

Trust me, at some point in your life, you or people in your family have benefited from some form of charity, donation, effort to ease the cost of education, nutrition, healthcare or any other hundreds of other causes. These same people with the same "generous" dollars have helped you. No different than Gofundme. Trust me on this.

People overseas? You mean the corrupted governments I'm guessing that steal from their population? We should replace those dollars? Help those people that aren't being taken care of. We should help those people? Well, we do. In fact, the US is one of the largest benefactors the world has ever seen. We give billions in aid yearly that provide food, clothing, education and health services. medication to millions of people out of this country and the world over.

Stop attacking one guy and allow him to have his day in the sun. It's none of your business what he does with HIS money.

When these people give, they have already formulated the logic needed to pretty much guess where their dollars are going to end up. And you want to police each and everyone of them? No thanks guy. Keep your nose in your own business. We all knew ahead of time he would gamble, give, lose, get scammed, drink and smoke his small fortune away overnight. But all those people had also hoped he would clean himself up, buy a house, car and get back into society. He is the captain of his own soul and destiny. Hopefully he accepts help in getting some of these things. It's bad enough that when he does get any money there will be a million fcking cockroaches trying to scam him all over again.

I hereby announce that I am starting a GoFundMe campaign to help this couple fight these charges. Send you money to C3K @gofundme, to the sub-account "C3K BAHAMA HOUSE". (I think they just make up these names.)

Our goal? Just $2,340,000,000.

Open your hearts.

Open your wallets.

Our fund deposit windows are open, as well.
Does GoFundMe work like Kickstarter? If you don't get your goal all the money goes back to the people who donated? If so might want to put your ceiling a little lower.. .maybe 23,400 :D

People donated money that was set up to go to him.

so.. from my very limited understanding of this all, the real mistake that those 2 did was to NOT set it up as a company so they could take their large cut as an "administrative fee" LOL.. like most "charities"

That's the rub here. People donated money assuming that it would all go to the homeless guy - while we all know that there is always a percentage taken out. The gray area here is what is considered appropriate and reasonable. The guy probably torpedoed his own case by saying last month that the vet would get the money as soon as he stopped using drugs and the judge ordered that said funds be placed into a trust. Not complying is what triggered the search warrant to find the money.

Reading is fundamental. Executing a search warrant now means "the gubbament took all my stuff".

The car title can easily show when it was purchased, and if they have a loan outstanding on it. Since they took the car, it looks like it was purchased with cash during the period that they had access to what may be converted funds.

it is truly amazing. While alot are legit. I feel like people start go fund me for anything these days. Like they say if you can appeal to people's emotions you can sell them on anything as long as they can afford it. This is just whatever you can afford type of fund lol!
Is there anything wrong like that? Those animal shelter ads and all the religious spam mail letters requesting donations are sort of in the same ballpark.

That's the rub here. People donated money assuming that it would all go to the homeless guy - while we all know that there is always a percentage taken out. The gray area here is what is considered appropriate and reasonable. The guy probably torpedoed his own case by saying last month that the vet would get the money as soon as he stopped using drugs and the judge ordered that said funds be placed into a trust. Not complying is what triggered the search warrant to find the money.

The car title can easily show when it was purchased, and if they have a loan outstanding on it. Since they took the car, it looks like it was purchased with cash during the period that they had access to what may be converted funds.

I read that in an earlier article that a vehicle was purchased dring the time the "funds" were accessible. When good intentions turn to shit due to lack of self control.

There was a case recently of seizure. A car dealer sold a customer a car for cash. Because of that the government thought the car dealer was in cahoots even though he abided by all the registration laws for large purchases. They seized part of his business. Even though he was proven innocent, Alabama NEVER returned his assets they seized, which is criminal inho.

https://www.splcenter.org/news/2018/01/26/weekend-read-civil-asset-forfeiture-—-guilty-until-proven-innocent

He went to court and sued their asses (As he should have) and it took years to recover his name. Now he has to sue the city for the value of his name and assets back.

Local manipulates by law should NOT be allowed to sell seized assets until all avenues of trail and defense have been used up. it just invites abuse to say to local LEO's, "Anything you take, you get to keep and sell off"

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...-sell-assets-even-when-the-owner-broke-no-law

700 people alone in Michigan lost their assets despite not being convicted

https://www.mackinac.org/aclu-and-m...-a-conviction-before-police-can-keep-property

And I'll say what I have said in the past. Corrupt government is nothing new. People from other countries are amazed that Americans actually expect our government officials to be straight up people. They are like some of the people here "Yeah right !"

It's not that I disagree with you. I'm not arguing that this stuff doesn't happen. I'm not arguing that you have a bad idea. I do think that it's the exception and not the rule. I also think that we can't be tough enough on corruption when we find it, (although witch hunts cause real problems too so ...).

So does the Red Cross, <insert video of hurricane blahblah> your donations can help these people... yet all of your money most definitely doesn't go to it. Look I'm not trying to defend these people, I'm just stating that they may not get as charged as people want since other charitable organizations pretty much have some "overhead" cost associated with them either, and they most certainly do not disclosing that information when you are clicking "donate" on a page sure maybe sites like GoFundMe does, but not every organization does and it's not illegal

You're missing the point I'm making, this isn't about being on top of where my charity dollars go, this is about how some charities can in fact not give all the money to what you as a person think the money is going to and it is not illegal. I mean think about all the "homeless" guys with signs saying "Hungry, need help" what if they don't spend 100% of the handouts they get on food? Is that illegal because you as a person thought it was all for food? I mean you could just as easily make sure the money you're donating goes to the guy by making sure it goes from GoFundMe to the guy, and not this couple who's working as an intermediary. They did give some of the money to the vet, now I'm not sure what the law states you must spend in charity instances but maybe they are able to argue "we needed a new car to ... whatever" or "we deserve compensation because we spent time on this" or whatever... bottom line is I am really unsure what law was broken, people claim wire fraud, but the vet did get some of the money, and my examples are cases where the charities gave "some of the money" to whatever the cause was and that's not illegal.

All of what you are saying is true, or at least I have no desire to look for problems with any of it because I am pretty sure you are mostly correct at the worst and I don't really disagree with your message.

But ..... Although I haven't seen the gofundme page in question, if it says that all of the monies donated will go to the vet, there is not much wiggle room with that, and what other charities do wouldn't have much bearing.

No I get your point, and I agree with you. I'm guessing it's a tax issue that they're being investigated for since it's a gofundme campaign and there's probably nothing anyone could do even if they didn't give the homeless guy a single cent. My point is that some "charities" end up spending an obscene (imo) amount of the money they take in on administrative costs and fundraising (for example the Cancer Survivor's Fund which manages to spend a whopping 91.4% of the money they take in on administrative costs and fundraising) - so if someone cares about how their donations will be spent they should do some research before hand.

No one is defending them. But what does a 35k car say about them? It's not like they went out and bought a 200k vehicle with the money, the fact that they have a BMW has no bearing on it, it could have been a 35k Honda Accord. Would you say well of course they stole that money and ran out and bought a Honda with it, those scum bags!

If they couldn't afford $20 in gas how did they afford $35,000 in cash for a car?

No I get your point, and I agree with you. I'm guessing it's a tax issue that they're being investigated for since it's a gofundme campaign and there's probably nothing anyone could do even if they didn't give the homeless guy a single cent. My point is that some "charities" end up spending an obscene (imo) amount of the money they take in on administrative costs and fundraising (for example the Cancer Survivor's Fund which manages to spend a whopping 91.4% of the money they take in on administrative costs and fundraising) - so if someone cares about how their donations will be spent they should do some research before hand.

Don't even get me started on red Cross and Haiti. I refuse to give to them now.

Speaking of spell checking, it's kool aid... :whistle:
Spellcheck wouldn't have caught that, unless you add some kind of grammar option.

Also, government will be seizing all of this money, no doubts there. They love seizing everyone's money and tying it up in legalese until everyone gives up... and even if you don't, and they are made to pay it out, it will be 'lost' and so many entities will be involved there won't be a single person to be made accountable.

They should have put the money in a trust that he can only access by certain dictated measures by law, like a guardianship or whatever. Greed won unfortunately.

I'll give you three guesses on who's still not getting another red cent out of all of this. If you guessed the homeless man you guessed correctly! Unless yet ANOTHER go fund me is started for him he is done probably.

GoFundMe is fronting the 400K from their own pocket while they do the investigation on the missing funds. It's basically GoFundMe v.s. the fraudsters at this point.

If they couldn't afford $20 in gas how did they afford $35,000 in cash for a car?

When did she ever say she couldn't afford gas?

Driving into Philly one night, I made the mistake of thinking that I would be able to make it all the way down I- 95 with my gas light on. Needless to say, I was wrong. I never ran out of gas before, and my heart was beating out of my chest. I pulled over as far as I could, and got out of the car to head to the nearest gas station.

That’s when I met Johnny. Johnny sits on the side of the road every day, holding a sign. He saw me pull over and knew something was wrong. He told me to get back in the car and lock the doors. A few minutes later, he comes back with a red gas can. Using his last 20 dollars to make sure I could get home safe.

Johnny did not ask me for a dollar, and I couldn’t repay him at that moment because I didn’t have any cash, but I have been stopping by his spot for the past few weeks. I repaid him for the gas, gave him a jacket, gloves, a hat, and warm socks, and I give him a few dollars every time I see him.

Shame on them. This puts a bad stain on GoFund me for people who actually need a little help.
GoFundMe is a pretty neat concept but the majority of the ones I see are for people whose car or air conditioner broke down. Sad.

But in other news these people are going to get what they deserve. Let's see what the woman gets vs the two white males.

GoFundme said all donators would get their money back... since the people have spent all the money, where is this money coming from???? You would have to admit , it was a good scam...

GoFundme said all donators would get their money back... since the people have spent all the money, where is this money coming from???? You would have to admit , it was a good scam...

from gofundme's profits/insurance.. same way scammers using stolen accounts on fleabay get away scott free even though fleabay/paypal have to pay the money back..

So apparently now the lady is going all in on herself, no surprise, she is blaming the now ex boyfriend, and she was just you know an innocent bystander with all those Gucci purses and really no options but to go along with it.

They should have at least laid low for a while. Give him a chunk of money and then sneak off. Yea like said if you go from dollar menu to BMW in the driveway after a fundraiser for someone else, that gets noticed.

Though I guess you would only hear of the dumb ones, the smart ones arent known and might not get caught.

Stupid con men ruining it for others.

Is there a TL;DR version?
Not really much to read uncle Hat.

They should have at least laid low for a while. Give him a chunk of money and then sneak off. Yea like said if you go from dollar menu to BMW in the driveway after a fundraiser for someone else, that gets noticed.

Though I guess you would only hear of the dumb ones, the smart ones arent known and might not get caught.
That's what happens when you get greeding, someone will always ruin it for the other/s.
They should've split hit evenly and agreed not to say a word, but NOPE!
index.jpg

So apparently now the lady is going all in on herself, no surprise, she is blaming the now ex boyfriend, and she was just you know an innocent bystander with all those Gucci purses and really no options but to go along with it.

Greedy wh0re, sell off her stuff and garnish her wages aggressively until all the money gets recouped.

The funny thing is significantly more money went to the homeless guy than many "legit" charities give per dollar raised.

The couple gave the homeless guy 75k out of 400k. If the two didn't get greedy but instead split the money straight up three ways the homeless guy wouldn't have sued them. Then again, honor amongst thieves and all that.

Ya the thing people forget about criminals is their process for rationalizing life is screwed up. Their emotional drive will always consume them. Think about it like Hitler, he could have taken half of Europe and called it a day and now days Germany would own much of mainland Europe. but nope its never enough he had to keep going. In the case of these people they were all willing to commit fraud to steal the money of other people. So what do you think happens when they get that money? Are the happy that they just got more money in the bank than most people will ever see in their lifetime? Nope, now they start trying to steal the money from each other just like they tried to steal it from random people on the internet. Their personality always wins over rational thought. The other irony is that when you commit a crime you can never trust your counterparts. If you could you could be an amazing criminal like the Flores brothers and almost never get caught. Same goes for relationships its why relationships born of infidelity almost always fail, you know right from the start your significant other is capable of cheating so you can never trust them, then you cant treat them with respect and you destroy the relationship. I honestly think that this would have failed sooner or later even if they gave the homeless guy 200k or even 300k, he never would have been satisfied cause he would have burned through it. The same cascade of events was almost always going to happen, not cause of destiny or fate but simply because of their flawed personalities. In all 3 cases the people all believed in their own minds they deserved the lions share of the spoils and sooner or later that was going to undo them.

No honor amongst thieves.

But really this is no different than any man/woman couple criminal out there, the woman pleads she's just a helpless victim who was pressured into doing this, and more likely than not they get off.

Back