Godzilla: King of the Monsters Official Trailer

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Legendary Pictures has released the first trailer for the sequel to 2014’s Godzilla, Godzilla: King of the Monsters. While Kaiju fans panned the first film for not showing enough of the titular lizard, that appears to have been largely rectified in the sequel: expect plenty of monster-on-monster action, as at least three other eminent Toho characters can be spotted in this footage alone.

The new story follows the heroic efforts of the crypto-zoological agency Monarch as its members face off against a battery of god-sized monsters, including the mighty Godzilla, who collides with Mothra, Rodan, and his ultimate nemesis, the three-headed King Ghidorah. When these ancient super-species—thought to be mere myths—rise again, they all vie for supremacy, leaving humanity’s very existence hanging in the balance.

Ok i admit i`v never seen the classic Godzilla movies from the 60`s or whatever , but this trailer made no sense to me.

I wonder if it'll be like that last godzilla movie where godzilla is literally in about 15 minutes of it where horrible writing and uninteresting human characters are focused throughout.. even cutting away from a huge fight scene to show humans wandering through wreckage.

Ok i admit i`v never seen the classic Godzilla movies from the 60`s or whatever , but this trailer made no sense to me.

Did you see the 2014 film? Then if not, don't. It's basically a clichéd and convoluted plot with a runtime of 2 hours 30 minutes and less than 2 minutes of actual monsters. The banality and mediocre of this sequel is only exceeded by Hollywood's uncanny ability to consistently reveal the entire plot in the trailer, thereby ruining all of the spoilers and surprises. Not to mention the fact that they're shoehorning actors from Stranger Things and Game of Thrones reinforces the fact it's all about marketing and getting fools to buy overpriced popcorn and sodas.

So....the Titans are now semi-benevolent???

Go watch the Godzilla anime movies on Netflix, those are good. The second just came out and I watched it last night, both are good...different spin on Godzilla.

You gave me a murder boner just now when you said the second one was released cuz I completely forgot. High fives muchacho!

I'd pay real money for a Godzilla/Pacific Rim cross over film where the Jaigers team up with Godzilla against the kaiju invasion. It could happen, Godzilla and Pacific Rim is by Legendary :)

Oh god, another "We are the Infection" movie, which I kind of agree on, Agent Smith said it best when he called us a virus in the Matrix......20 years ago.

Fuck, I just want to see Godzilla fighting Monsters & saving Japan.

Dunno, as soon as I saw here I thought this was Stranger Things.

Too dark, too emotional, emo, doesn't look all that great too me.

So....the Titans are now semi-benevolent???

Go watch the Godzilla anime movies on Netflix, those are good. The second just came out and I watched it last night, both are good...different spin on Godzilla.

Yeah I watched the first one a few months ago. Yeah a different spin. It entertained me but like all anime (IMO) could have done with some shaper editing. I noticed the second was up today. I'll watch it with a beer and pizza!

I'll be there, but I'm a big Godzilla fan. Now to catch the second episode of the big G on Netflix (rubs hands together).

Humans are destroying the planet.

Hurry!!!

Release Titans to destroy the planet.

Hollywood sux.

It's an apt analogy. "We are doomed, unless we let monsters save us." is the unwritten mantra of a certain group of people.

And as far as monsters go, Godzilla has a higher cool factor than, say, monstrous governmental intervention, when it comes to a cure that's likely worse than the disease.

Too many concerned looking humans for my liking.

About halfway through the second Godzilla anime (Netflix) and am really enjoying it. I liked how the Japanese films have returned to Godzilla being a villain (Shin Godzilla was terrifying) and not this hero beast.

Oh, and ignore the US made 2000 abomination with Mathew Broderick. Kill it with flame. First (Japanese version, no Raymond Burr) is the best, the middle ones that are kid-friendly are just bleh (can't get the scene of Big G dancing out of my head).

Does 11 use her powers at the end to save everyone? How does Godzilla get in the upside down?

That was the most horrible graphics I had seen in a while... not looking forward... barf

Growing up watching Creature Double Feature on UHF channel 56 is a awesome childhood memory! Glad to see my my favorite monsters are still around! It could completely suck and I would still love it....GODZILLA VS MECHAGODZILLA should be the next one!!

TOHO and Legendary seem to want to take a more serious tone with the big guy these days. Having seen pretty much every movie(20-30+) and the 1st anime, I can see some potential here. They all have their ups and downs/ pro's and con's. The millennium collection was mostly my favorite outside of most of the originals. The Roland one was the worst for me but Final Wars had a little joke on that.

I didn't make it past that opening monologue spewing the same old tired misanthropic bullshit. I wish every person who sees humanity as some sort of disease would have the courage of their convictions and drink a gallon of bleach.

Oh, and ignore the US made 2000 abomination with Mathew Broderick. Kill it with flame. First (Japanese version, no Raymond Burr) is the best, the middle ones that are kid-friendly are just bleh (can't get the scene of Big G dancing out of my head).

Well at least the Broderick abomination actually showed more than a couple of minutes of Godzilla... that's something at least, and on that basis alone puts it above the last travesty of a movie. :)

Just tell me the movie doesn't ask Godzilla which pronoun it goes by. He/She/Her//They/Them/I don't understand this shit.
Actually, I didn't think the trailer looked too bad. I used to love watching the old movies on Saturday afternoons. I used to want the Godzilla toy - it was probably 2' tall? You could push a level on the back of its head and a fire tongue shot out. Can't remember for certain, but I think the wrist would shoot.

What's this got to do with tech?

Also, thought the first movie was fucking BORRRRRRIIIINNNNGGGGGG...nearly fell asleep. Let's hope this one has a bit more action other than the last 5 minutes of the movie.

That was the most horrible graphics I had seen in a while... not looking forward... barf

Guess we didn't watch the same trailer. Also, steer clear of DC movies if you think this has bad CGI.

How many lame global warming apocalypse storylines can Hollywood barf out? At least one more apparently.

Not sure where you pulled that from but there's no implication of a global warming apocalypse. A mass extinction event could be anything.

I didn't make it past that opening monologue spewing the same old tired misanthropic bullshit. I wish every person who sees humanity as some sort of disease would have the courage of their convictions and drink a gallon of bleach.

It's obviously heavily edited as most monologues tend to be in trailers to hide intentions/spoilers. This is the hard part with trailers, especially first ones, as the movie is still going to be in the editing phase for some time and they may drop some of those lines/scenes entirely which happens a whole hell of a lot more than people realize.

I think it looks fucking awesome and, at the very least, a step up from the 2014 Godzilla. They've really tried to establish lore to further create a more defined franchise & universe for Godzilla to be in so I'm digging where it's all heading. 2014 Godzilla had plenty of problems, though, so I hope this corrects a lot of the mistakes there.

Also, the 2014 movie gave one of the best first teasers I can remember:

Could have been a goddamn horror movie for how that first 75 seconds went.

The 1998 movie, while pretty forgettable did have some decent parts I think. I liked the NY arrival and the rampage through the city. Some of the fights but except for the cute blond, everything else was throwaway. :dead:
(Think TOHO called it Zilla GINO? (Godzilla In Name Only)

every generation needs a godzilla movie.
In 2099, there will be another godzilla movie.

Just watched last night. It honestly just keeps getting better and better. Really looking forward to the 3rd.

Not sure where you pulled that from but there's no implication of a global warming apocalypse. A mass extinction event could be anything.

The intent is completely clear.

Humans are the scourge that will bring about the climate change apocalypse with tidal waves overflowing into our cities as Mother Earth wipes the human vermin from the planet.

It wasn’t even subtle about it. Completely ham fisted.

Reactions: PaulP
like this
How many lame global warming apocalypse storylines can Hollywood barf out? At least one more apparently.

Humans bad. Nature good. Kill all humans.

There you go. Saved you all a ticket.

My sentiments exactly!

I am so fucking sick of the whole "humans destroyed the planet because they're stupid and didn't listen to Algore" storylines.

I am so fed up and sick if politics and forced left wing bullshit that I doubt I'll even watch this. Maybe when it hits Netflix.

The intent is completely clear.

Humans are the scourge that will bring about the climate change apocalypse with tidal waves overflowing into our cities as Mother Earth wipes the human vermin from the planet.

It wasn’t even subtle about it. Completely ham fisted.

lol, what ham-fisted mention of climate change or waves were given?

It wasn't mentioned in the 2014 Godzilla and in regards to this trailer it certainly wasn't mentioned either.

It's like you're Grandpa Simpson yelling at clouds

Back